Options

Passed CISSP 1/12

HasseltHasselt Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I passed 1/12/2015, first attempt.
My endorsement was sent 8 December 2015 by another CISSP.

What is the general waiting time before you get an answer ?

best regards,

Comments

• Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You might have an issue because you took more than 9 months to complete the endorsement process. You might want to call ISC2.

https://www.isc2.org/new-time-limit-endorsement.aspx

REQUIREMENTS:

Those candidates who take and pass an (ISC)² examination on or after January 1, 2012 and possess the sufficient number of years of professional experience to be certified must receive their endorsement within nine (9) months from the date they receive their examination pass notice. If a candidate does not submit the endorsement application within the allotted time, the candidate will forgo the right to endorsement and will have to re-take the exam. If (ISC)² deems the endorsement application, including a CV/resume submitted by a candidate, incomplete, the candidate must make the necessary corrections as requested by (ISC)², provide the additional information/documents, and resubmit their application promptly. Candidates who cannot complete their endorsement process within this period will forgo the right for endorsement and will have to re-take the exam.

Professionals who do not currently hold the years of required experience to be certified are welcome to take the exam, and upon obtaining a passing score, have six years for CISSP and two years for SSCP to achieve the required experience. During this period, they carry the status of Associate of (ISC)². If Associates of (ISC)² lose their Associate status anytime before they meet their experience requirements, they will forgo their right for endorsement. For more information on who is eligible to be an Associate and how Associates may lose their status, please visit: how to become an associate. Once they meet their professional experience requirement, Associates have 9 months to submit an endorsement. If they fail to do so within this timeframe, they will forgo their right to endorsement. In such case, they will have to re-take the exam.

(ISC)² conducts endorsement audits. Those candidates who are selected for endorsement audit are required to send their consent forms back to (ISC)² within 60 days of the notification of the audit by (ISC)². The entire audit process must be completed within 12 months of the notification process. If the audit process cannot be completed within 12-months due to non-cooperation of the candidate, the candidate will forgo the right to endorsement and will have to re-take the exam.

SUMMARY
    As of January 1, 2012, candidates who successfully pass an (ISC)² credential examination must be endorsed within nine (9) months from the date they receive their examination pass notice and Associates must maintain their status until they are endorsed; otherwise, under the new policy, they have to re-take the certification examination.
  • Options
    scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and it usually takes 6 weeks for you to see your email from ISC2 from the time they get all your endorsement paperwork!
  • Options
    Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just sent my package in to ISC2 today via FedEx after passing in December. I had a CISSP endorse my application after doing a verification. Interestingly, the application didn't seem to require a resume for a CISSP endorsed submission, but they said to include my resume anyway (when I called today).
  • Options
    scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you Dan and good job on following up with a call. I had to send my reume in and map it to the domains since I had ISC2 endorse me, a little nerve wracking but I received my email 6 weeks later letting me know :)
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats on the pass! Great job!!! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□