Is dictionary allowed ?

simondeyssimondeys Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi ,

Can someone please confirm if dictionary and calculator are allowed while taking the CISSP exams , As i have come across some question on ARO , SLE ALE , which may require a calculator to get the answer.

Comments

• operationsoperations Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    a).yes dictionary is Allowed. (but in non IT format. Examiner will check thorugh pages before it is approved)
    b) calculator will be provided to you in form of APP inside examination screen
    c) pen and whiteboard will be provided to you as well.

Cheers,
  • diabolusBRdiabolusBR Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dictionary is allowed only if english is not your primary language.
  • mussabmhmussabmh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dictionary is allowed but Word to word only no explanation
    I went to the exam with English-English-Arabic dictionary so they rejected it; It is better to check with the exam center before your exam with your dictionary to confirm if it is acceptable or not.
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yes dictionary is Allowed only if it is written in binary language
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    diabolusBR wrote: »
    Dictionary is allowed only if english is not your primary language.

based on what is written here:

https://www.isc2.org/arrangements.aspx

your statement does not appear to be true ?

but that said, not sure what specific dictionary would be permitted?
    "Hard copy language translation dictionaries are permitted for the examination"

anyone have specific dictionary they were allowed to bring? (just link to amazon would be great)
  • kshahinkshahin Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am looking for URL where the ISC2 says, I can bring a dictionary in my CISSP test.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The text on that page changed at some point this year and the reference to dictionaries is gone. It used to read:

"Dictionaries
    Hard copy language translation dictionaries are permitted for the examination should you choose to bring one to assist you with language translation. Electronic dictionaries will not be permitted under any circumstances. The Examination Supervisor will fully inspect your dictionary at check-in. Your dictionary may not contain any writing or extraneous materials of any kind. If the dictionary contains writing or other materials or papers, it will not be permitted in the examination room. Additionally, you are not permitted to write in your dictionary at any time during the examination, and it will be inspected a second time prior to dismissal from the examination. Finally, (ISC)² takes no responsibility for the content of such dictionaries or interpretations of its contents by a candidate."

The best bet is to reach out to ISC2 and see what the latest is.
  • kshahinkshahin Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems like to me , You can not bring your dictionary to the Exam any more.