OSCP #Ready2TryHarder

rudegeekrudegeek Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Second time go-around. Took the plunge last night and signed up last night (90 days).

So far 3 boxes down with no use of Metasploit. In the last go around, everything seemed so much harder. I used the months in between to strengthen my scripting skill (Python).

Also, signed up for the Pentester Academy and went thru a few of those series.

With that said, ready to go hard 89 more days!

I'm re-watching the videos and reading like if it were my first time. Made it to video 51ish.

Tomorrow is a refresh on Buffer Overflows.

Comments

• adrenaline19adrenaline19 Member Posts: 251
    I started today. Reviewing the book and lab vids. I spent the day getting everything perfect. I'm ready to rock.
  • rudegeekrudegeek Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started today. Reviewing the book and lab vids. I spent the day getting everything perfect. I'm ready to rock.
    Awesome, what's your handle on the IRC?
    Made it thru the Buffer overflow flow topics.

Seem to be averaging a box a day which is ok, considering that's my goal.

Aiming for at least 300 hours in 90 days. So far, on track. I really want to be great at exploit development. Definitely going to take the Corelan Live – Win32 Exploit Development Bootcamp at Derbycon (if offered this year).

Hope to be done with the videos/pdf material by the end of this week.

5 Root Shells. Still no use of metasploit :)
    Congrats bro! I'm trying really hard to do it without Metasploit.
    I hope you get it. Buffer Overflows make me want to bang my face on my keyboard, lol.

OS-19063, IRC.

I think I'll extend just to keep playing, but I have a question.

If I extend my time, will it allow me to use a test voucher from the original set I ordered or will I only get one for both? I signed up for 60, but if I extend before I schedule the test, will it use the test voucher from the 60, or will it use the test voucher from the extension? Not sure. icon_sad.gif
    Update: 6 hours on a box that should have taken 5 minutes. Aaaah. It happens!

@adrenaline19 Not sure. Might as well use the test voucher before the extension, but didn't you just start?
    Yeah, just started. I am planning on extending my lab time though. I love it.

Was just curious.
    Yeah, just started. I am planning on extending my lab time though. I love it.

Was just curious.

I think if you put in 300 hours + you probably won't have to extend :)

Edit: 60 days is less than I thought you had. Although 5 hours daily would put you there. My goal is 400 hours in 90 days :).

Am I the only one that gets a weird laugh when popping a box that wasn't just a point and shoot exploit? Haha.
    I have a sick pleasure out of interacting with the boxes. I'm talking to them like we're on a first date. It's getting a little creepy. I might need to go outside. icon_sad.gif
    LOL.

It's definitely easy to get in a zone. I could see you talking while enumerating, and the conversation going something like: So what's your name (hostname) Where do you live (ipconfig) Who do you talk to (Arp) How do you get to work ( route print) What do you do? (sc.exe) etc icon_lol.gif
    I have a sick pleasure out of interacting with the boxes. I'm talking to them like we're on a first date. It's getting a little creepy. I might need to go outside. icon_sad.gif
  • JebjebJebjeb Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like the comparison