Pursuing ITIL v3 Foundation next - recommend me some good materials to study with!

thewiz8807thewiz8807 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Title says it all, I'd read somewhere that Claire's material is pretty essential. Anything else needed or would Claire's book be all I need?
Goals: Network+ (Done) -> CCNA: R&S (Done) -> CCNA: Security (Done) -> Security+ (Done) -> ITIL v3 Foundation (Done) -> CASP (Done) -> CCNP: R/S (In Progress) -> CCNP: Collaboration -> CCSK -> CCSP -> CISSP

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thewiz8807 wrote: »
    Title says it all, I'd read somewhere that Claire's material is pretty essential. Anything else needed or would Claire's book be all I need?

I used Liz Gallacher Helen Morris ITIL Foundation Exam book and passed it first time. They are both good books.
  • $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    thewiz8807 wrote: »

Passed with a 90% only using Claire's book.
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for the recommendation! My book covers all the syllabus content, but I'd recommend you download the free sample foundation exam from axelos.com too so you can test your knowledge before you go for the real thing. Good luck! Claire
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I'm finding two different ITIL Foundation titles from Claire - the Axelos "ITIL Foundation Handbook" and the "ITIL Foundation Essentials: The Exam Facts You Need".

I'm thinking of pursuing ITIL Intermediate this year, but will need to refresh on the basics since I got the foundation a couple of years ago. Which book is better?
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Hi OctalDump

I've actually been involved with authoring three books:

ITIL Foundation Handbook - I was part of a group of authors for this one, it's the 'official' guide and is very good
    ITIL Foundation Essentials - this contains the facts you need to pass the exam, no more, no less - the publishers asked me to keep it short icon_smile.gif
    ITIL Lifecycle Essentials - this is the one I am most proud of. I've put in everything you need to pass the Foundation exam, but also the other bits of ITIL that aren't on the Foundation syllabus and some bits of my own experience to help you as you start to use ITIL in your role. It's a bit more expensive than the others but my intention was for people to use it for years, not just to pass the exam.

Hope that's helpful,

Claire
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I highly recommend Claire's ITIL Foundation Essentials book. Like she says, it has everything and all you need to pass, nothing more. I read it twice over two weeks and passed with like an 88. I did buy Liz' book and it is a good book, but waaaaaay more than you need to pass. I would use Claire's book anyway just to pass, and use Liz' book as an on the job reference if you are actually putting ITIL Foundation level concepts into practice daily.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    Thanks JoJoCal icon_smile.gif