GCIH added to DoD 8570

bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
Effective 15 Dec 15, GCIH now meets IAT level 3 requirements. If you can find a way to deal with the hefty costs of taking this exam, this cert just got more appealing. Another note, normally the DoD will only pay for one exam (a preferred exam, usually) but if you take and pass the GCIH, they will now also pay your maintenance fee for your primary certification and for the GCIH. Something to think about if any of you work for the DoD.
"If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am not sure where you saw it "just happened"...it's been on there for a little bit.
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Yeah, it happened 15 Dec. Just wasnt sure if everyone knew about it or not because I just saw it yesteday.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am confused. What exactly happened on December 15th? As TechGuru80 said, the GCIH has been in 8570 for some time now.
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Over my military weekend, I came across a document from the AF Cyberspace Support Squadron that had added GCIH as an IAT level 3 certification as of 15 Dec. At least, the website and the document reflected that it was added as the level 3 cert. If that is false, I wonder why they are so far behind...

EDIT:

The info I found was hilariously old and this post is basically useless. Sorry...
  • BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, my job suddenly requires IAT Level III and I just pulled the trigger on taking the training and cert - Whoa! Sticker shock! The total bundle is just short of $8K! And that's after the discounts for registering early and bundling the other components. That 8 x more than the value of my car which is my next most expensive requirement for going to work!

I'll post my additional griping on another thread.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's why you only see GIAC certified people when they are backed by a company.