Options

i'm so confused:( i need an advice

luke05luke05 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
when i decided to start a+ 801-802 i prepared all resources that i need (videos and books),but i was surprised because a+ has been upgraded to 901-902 ...what should i do, starting with a+(801-802), or change to 901-902
if the answer is that starting with the new version 901-902 i need some resources as videos and books .

thank's lot

Comments

• Options
    Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 801-802 is available till June I think. I'm sitting for the 801 next week.
  • Options
    ElGato127ElGato127 Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends.

Do you already have an 800- series ticket? Just take the test soon (still available, but expires soon).

If not, then get a copy of the exam objectives and compare with the 800 series. It should just have some questions covering newer technology. Professor Messer videos can help you out.

Most importantly - don't panic (not sure how to write that in friendlier letters)
  • Options
    luke05luke05 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i don't have an 800 series tickets and even do not learn a+ 801 just prepared things that i need to start learn and practicing icon_study.gif
  • Options
    mcttrainermcttrainer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Luke05,

I've been teaching A+ Certification courses for 10 years and can recommend you take the 801/802 exams since they are still available until June 30th, 2016.

If you decide to go the 901/902 route, Mike Myers All in One for 901/902 has been released and is a fantastic resource.

Good luck!

-MCTTrainer
  • Options
    DaiJayDaiJay Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for my bad English.

I have 0 experience in IT but I do know advanced MS office suite(Word, spreadsheet, database and powerpoint) and a bit of HTML. I would like to become a computer technician and I would like to know if it is possible to do the comptia a+ 901 and 902 and still pass. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    iAnonymityiAnonymity Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been studying for A+ on and off for 6 months, I finally sat down and started to get back into it, and here came the 901 series, after looking around here on the forums, the A+, either the 800 series or the 900 series, is still the A+. I decided to just go ahead and keep on the 800 series path, I actually passed my 801 this morning, I'll be brushing up my 802 and be taking it in a couple weeks. Since you have the books, I'd say go for the 800 series, you have til end of June, plenty of time, good luck.
  • Options
    houdini5150houdini5150 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    800 if you can study and watch videos