Passed CISSP 1/14

Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just got back from the testing center an hour ago. Just under 3 hours total. I was prepaid to have my mind completely bent backwards with strange questions but they seemed straightforward enough. Not extremely technical.

I have 15 years of IT experience and the last 2 specifically in security but I've always done security tasks in different sysadmin type jobs. All the varied background helped greatly in the exam.

I went around it a little backwards from most. I started with the skillset questions, I did a ton of them while at work. I was doing well with them before even starting any reading. I loaded the cybrary MP3s and spent the last month or so listening to them back and forth from work. I subscribed to the CCcure test engine for the last month and did a lot of those as well. Anything I wasn't familiar with I'd read the explanation and then look up if I still was unsure. In the last few weeks I went through all the cybrary videos and took a lot of notes from those.

I did some reading, not a lot, this is contrary to reading half a dozen books that a lot of people do. Nothing wrong with that, everyone learns differently, but I was getting bored with a lot of the reading and would end up just spacing out after a bit.

Glad to have it over with, I can go back to listening to other nerdy podcasts on my ride and my family will be happy to have me a lot more present at home, haha.

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I LOVE all these passed threads especially with the training regiment. Congrats! What is next for you?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks! I'm not entirely sure to be honest. Some of it depends on the training budget at work, this one was out of pocket. Something more technical for sure, my supervisor is into the SANS material so hopefully they have room in the already shrinking budget.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • anomollianomolli Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got back myself about and hour ago and PASSED! Figured I'd register to say thanks to all the folks here offering their perspective, study techniques, and support. I've been lurking here for about a month and found it very useful both as a learning resource and as emotional support. LOL.

Congrats to you!
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. Get that endorsement paperwork in.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks gang. Congrats to you too, anomolli!
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
    anomolli wrote: »
    Just got back myself about and hour ago and PASSED! Figured I'd register to say thanks to all the folks here offering their perspective, study techniques, and support. I've been lurking here for about a month and found it very useful both as a learning resource and as emotional support. LOL.

Congrats to you!
    Anomoli, congrats, kindly give us the full details. Tnx