CISSP Endorsement Question

purusecpurusec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have passed CISSP exam on last Thursday in first attempt. My CISSP colleague will endorse me.

Do I need to email just Endorsement form to ISC or I should include my resume also?

Thanks

Comments

• razorbackzrazorbackz Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i submitted one for CAP and CISM, rather send too much than not enough. icon_thumright.gif
  • GT82GT82 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe you need to include your resume https://www.isc2.org/endorsement.aspx I'm currently going through the same process.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your resume with the years of experience, it is not a normal resume, you need to put the in the same line the skill then the domain that apply that skills and years in that skill, with that you are showing up that you have the experience requirement.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    While implese is correct, you should still modify your resume on the chance of getting audited. Better to be prepared than scramble to find specific domain examples within the CBK. Just my 2-cents.
  • Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the point of asking folks to provide detailed employment information on the CISSP form AND submit a resume with redundant information?

And what is the point of having a CISSP review and endorse an application and resume and then require the resume be included?

It seems highly inefficient. Collecting that kind of information, above what is needed, and which could potentially be used (in aggregate) for identity theft (address and employment history), doesn't seem to conform to best practices.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dan-in-MD wrote: »
    What is the point of asking folks to provide detailed employment information on the CISSP form AND submit a resume with redundant information?

And what is the point of having a CISSP review and endorse an application and resume and then require the resume be included?

It seems highly inefficient. Collecting that kind of information, above what is needed, and which could potentially be used (in aggregate) for identity theft (address and employment history), doesn't seem to conform to best practices.

Maybe they think the endorsing CISSP might be your buddy who will say you have enough experience without actually having it? Either way, if you've ever used linkedin, posted a resume on a job board or applied for a job you've likely posted as much or more info than you're sending in for verification, I wouldn't be all that concerned about isc2 and identity theft from your resume.
  • rborsholmrborsholm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interesting - on the web site they say both resume and endorsement form. In the email they send you it says nothing about resume. I did not send a resume so see how it goes. Besides, I really just print out my LinkedIn profile now anyway - has more than enough info there icon_smile.gif
  • NightStrmNightStrm Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rborsholm wrote: »
    Interesting - on the web site they say both resume and endorsement form. In the email they send you it says nothing about resume. I did not send a resume so see how it goes. Besides, I really just print out my LinkedIn profile now anyway - has more than enough info there icon_smile.gif

Based on the website, I think sometime may have recently changed and they are no longer requiring the resumè when using the standard endorsement form. If you take a look at the isc2 assisted endorsement form, it explicitly calls it out. That is no where on the standard form. Because of this, I'm just going to send in the completed standard endorsement form and hope for the best.

I do hope I can get confirmed before the start of the RSA conference... Would be nice to get some CPEs that week. :)
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know when I submitted my packet in November 2014, it explicitly required the resume and the candidate form from a CISSP holder. I would include it rather than omitting... in this case sending too much is definitely preferable to not sending enough
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • lfrenchwlfrenchw Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the CISSP on Dec 30th 2015, I have the resume and form completed, but unfortunately I don't know any CISSP's that can endorse me. I was laid off from Oil and Gas, so I am a bit worried about the employment verification. It is quite possible my past supervisors are either gone or in new positions.

Should I just send it in and let ISC2 do the endorsement? I really need to get this done asap as I am looking for employement and this cert would help a great deal.

Thanks!
  • lfrenchwlfrenchw Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    *Update* I got a hold of my supervisor, and sure enough he had been moved to another job at a different site. Half the staff from my old team is gone, retired, or laid off. My advise....Stay away from Oil & Gas for at least 2 more years. Smh
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My CISSP was endorsed by ISC2. Provide a custom resume that highlights the security tasks you did that maps to the CISSP domains.
    For my case, ISC2 also requested for a letter from HR (printed with company letterhead) that list my job titles as per the resume.
    That should be enough and ISC2 did not contact my supervisor.
    Endorsement process takes about 5 to 6 weeks.

HTH
  • koopaseckoopasec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed on 9th December, received my official 'congratulations' E-Mail today (just over 5 weeks). Didn't submit a CV/resume, just had my CISSP certified employer complete my endorsement.