Options

Cisa december 2015 results

Comments

• Options
    cisumcisum Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISA, Did the CISM the last round. Found the CISM to be tougher than the CISA
  • Options
    Martin DeGreatMartin DeGreat Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done and congratulations.
  • Options
    spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISUM, SPENA, did you pass CISM or CISA?
    passed the CISA exam
  • Options
    eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think someone really have forgotten to hit the release button for cism results. This feels bad.
  • Options
    cl97405cl97405 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think someone really have forgotten to hit the release button for cism results. This feels bad.

We're all in this boat together. There's a separate thread discussing CISM results but so far no one has reported receiving their score: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isaca-cisa-cism/116797-cism-dec-results-2.html
  • Options
    GallyKGallyK Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys passed CISA
  • Options
    avalon111avalon111 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My commiserations to those who didn't get the result they were hoping-for/expecting. As the weeks went by I became increasingly convinced I'd failed, when my first emotion as I walked away from the exam site was 'eh?'

Congratulations to those who passed.

My result arrived by email about 40 minutes ago and to my surprise I passed the CISA on the first attempt with a score of 552, in among the top 20%.

Equally surprisingly was that my best score-by-domain was 586 in The Process of Auditing Information Systems, which had been my weakest domain in testing, whilst my strongest domain (seeing as I work in IT Security) Protection of Information Assets came in second best in my results breakdown.

For the remainder of this year I'm aiming to gain certification specific to the UK/Europe, because of the increasing focus on data loss protection due to the EU General Data Protection Regulations being likely to be passed into law shortly. This will become effective from 2018, but already I can see some UK firms beginning to panic a little.

And then onto to trying to secure the CISM, probably in 2017!
  • Options
    Theadore ThunderpussTheadore Thunderpuss Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 673.Your score was in the top 5 percent of those testing. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below.SCALED SCORES OF YOUR PERFORMANCE BY AREA:
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Looking at the CRISC exam information now
  • Options
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Looking at the CRISC exam information now

I think we should all boycott ISACA exams until they move to electronic scoring. Coloring in little circles with a pencil is archaic and so is waiting up to eight weeks for your score.
  • Options
    ozzy99ozzy99 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys i have passed the cisa exam. Congrats to all :)
  • Options
    bafzal30bafzal30 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For all of you who are checking the ISACA website, my results have not showed up there yet, but I got the results in an email earlier today at 10:53 EST...
  • Options
    big tastybig tasty Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to all those that passed the CISA exam today! You could still have 3 weeks to go like me icon_rolleyes.gif (CRISC)
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    So, does anyone know how/where to pay the application fee? It is mentioned in the e-mail. (I logged in, but it still does not have my results... perhaps once those are loaded it will be there?)
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    TankerT wrote: »
    So, does anyone know how/where to pay the application fee? It is mentioned in the e-mail. (I logged in, but it still does not have my results... perhaps once those are loaded it will be there?)

www.isaca.org/cisapay
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cl97405 wrote: »
    I think we should all boycott ISACA exams until they move to electronic scoring. Coloring in little circles with a pencil is archaic and so is waiting up to eight weeks for your score.

The reason they keep it paper based i can understand but 8 weeks to mark a test is insane. Maybe there is only 2 people working at ISACA and that for segregation of duties reason...:)
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    From a handsome, fine smelling CISMite, congratulations to all those with a successful evening and commiserations to those less so.

Its been a long day either way!
  • Options
    The reason they keep it paper based i can understand but 8 weeks to mark a test is insane. Maybe there is only 2 people working at ISACA and that for segregation of duties reason...:)

Nah, it's a bunch of crap. I understand why they stick to paper-based testing and the old, slow processing: it's the same reason I still drive my old pickup. The difference is that nobody else is riding in the pickup - and for that matter, the pickup gets from point A to point B at the same speed as a new one.

For cert exams, offering them in person, on paper, two or three times a year, then adding 5-8 weeks of delay to get your score and another 4-5 weeks to process certification applications means it can easily take six months to get certified, along with more invested time and effort traveling to exam sites, etc. That is NOT conducive to customer satisfaction, at least not for this customer. I have passed all the ISACA exams I need to pass; if they want me to take more on an elective basis, they'll have to improve their product.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats to all that passed!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Really sorry to hear you didn't quite make it.

Your results can really help identify any areas that let you down, focus on them and you'll smash it next time :)
  • Options
    cisagirl1cisagirl1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you cl97405
  • Options
    cisagirl1cisagirl1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Cisum!! Happy to hear that .
    I received my result and did not make it. This is my first attempt. I do not have audit experience but has IT background. Was looking forward to launch my career in IT Audit.
    I did a self study and spent around a month on CISA review manual and practiced all the questions on CISA Review questions, Answers and Explanation manual and its supplement multiple times by reviewing the concepts. I was hoping that I would clear this exam. Not sure how i study going forward. Can you please provide me some feedback or suggestions. Any help is really appreciated.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Guess the Dec CISA exam passing rate was not high. My score was in the low 600s and was in the top 5%.
    In the CISM thread, the same score only qualifies for top 10%.

Anyway, a pass is a pass. Hope the endorsement process is faster this time. It was a 2 month wait for my CISM endorsement and another 2 months wait for the paper cert. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats to those who pass and for those who do not make it, hope you make it next time.
  • Options
    EdizahEdizah Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We are pleased to inform you that you successfully PASSED the exam with a total scaled score of 570.Your score was in the top 10 percent of those testing.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Congrats to all who have passed and to those who didn't make it don't give up, if others can do it then you can also do it!
  • Options
    cisagirl1 wrote: »
    Congrats Cisum!! Happy to hear that .
    I received my result and did not make it. This is my first attempt. I do not have audit experience but has IT background. Was looking forward to launch my career in IT Audit.
    I did a self study and spent around a month on CISA review manual and practiced all the questions on CISA Review questions, Answers and Explanation manual and its supplement multiple times by reviewing the concepts. I was hoping that I would clear this exam. Not sure how i study going forward. Can you please provide me some feedback or suggestions. Any help is really appreciated.

Hi Cisagirl1,

I used the review manual and have experience in the Security field. My approach is to read a minimum of 10 pages or more a day(depending on how well i am taking in the content) until i get through the book, as i read i try put what i am reading into context with respect to my job (getting ideas on improvements i can make , areas that would benefit from implementing internal auditing and how i would ensure compliance with policy etc) after i complete the book i would normally read it again to ID sections i don't recall (this always surprises me, i think it helps in retention of the information though, the surprise whilst reading :) )

Sorry to hear you did not make it, register for the next one now while the content is fresh in your mind.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Guess the Dec CISA exam passing rate was not high. My score was in the low 600s and was in the top 5%.
    In the CISM thread, the same score only qualifies for top 10%.

Anyway, a pass is a pass. Hope the endorsement process is faster this time. It was a 2 month wait for my CISM endorsement and another 2 months wait for the paper cert. icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats to those who pass and for those who do not make it, hope you make it next time.

I would be inclined not to seek endorsement until i was job seeking, we have 5 years to register for endorsement, one less credential to maintain. Would anyone else be of the same approach?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cisum wrote: »
    I would be inclined not to seek endorsement until i was job seeking, we have 5 years to register for endorsement, one less credential to maintain. Would anyone else be of the same approach?
    Guess it is up to the individual. My company pays for professional membership.
    For some of us in customer facing and/or sales role, the CISA initials provides some level of credibility.
    The job seeking part has some truth.. However, do take note of the long endorsement time, you never know when that cert will come in useful. I had recruiters contacting me after I added CISSP to my LinkedIn profile.
  • Options
    jayjaybjayjayb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats to all PASSED and good louck to the other people for their next attempts.

I passed with 528 on my first attempt with auditing background, no experience in IT. I used the official documents and the DB. Read the review for manual maybe 3-4 times.I answered the 1200 questions for 3 times, in the first one my average was about %60, and in the last one which was finished in the exam week my average was %76.
  • Options
    jayjaybjayjayb Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jayjayb wrote: »
    congrats to all PASSED and good louck to the other people for their next attempts.

I passed with 528 on my first attempt with auditing background, no experience in IT. I used the official documents and the DB. Read the review manual for maybe 3-4 times.I answered the 1200 questions for 3 times, in the first one my average was about %60 and in the last one which was finished in the exam week my average was %76.

Edit....