Cissp

ofaheemofaheem Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am appearing in CISSP exam right now I am just reading one book of (ISC)2 Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition. I need advice for any good tips and techniques to pass the exam.

So please advice

Thanks & regard,

Osama Faheem

Comments

• jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best Tip: Read all the pass threads.
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jt2929 wrote: »
    Best Tip: Read all the pass threads.

Agreed. But here is a quick summary of the general advice/study habits users here used to pass the CISSP exam:
    1. Read a CISSP book (shon harris, CBK, Eric Conrad, Sybex, etc.) The conrad book seems to be the least verbose and the sybex one seems to cover more of the new material
    2. Take practice questions (CCCure, Transcender, Mcgraw-hill, studiscope, etc.)
    3. Review the sunflower pdf
    4. If you attend a CISSP bootcamp it should only be as a refresher course and not a start from scratch ground up approach
    5. "Think like a manager" or something
    6. Study various resources
    7. Cybrary.it has some good CISSP videos and people seem to really enjoy kelly's teaching
    8. Get a good night's sleep and eat a good meal prior to the exam
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • KTurneyKTurney Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to make sure that you understand the boot camps are run by ISC2 employee / contractors so it's not going to be a "home run".
    I really suggest you study every day 2-4 hours for a month then take a boot camp.
    The 2015 version is not a "study and pass" exam. You really have to know your stuff. I just passed mine last month.
  • ofaheemofaheem Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Thanks everybody for the help from where can i get the sunflower.pdf updated file
    Also one piece of more advice required which book is better the (ISC)2 CBK or CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide, 7th Edition