CCNP has been obtained!

ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi All!

Passed the exam (by 10 points! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif) T-Shoot on Saturday. I've had extremely extremely slow activity at the job since X-mas break, so I've spent the better part of everyday connected to my home machine and connected to my lab and going over everything I could.

The last two weeks I went over my Routing notes (Thank goodness I took good notes) and labbed up and felt good about taking a shot at it.

ipv6 ospf 3 You almost owned my soul! But it's fine a couple of focused hours of icon_study.gificon_study.gif will take care of some of the things I grew soft on.

I'd like to say thank you for all those who posted their journey here. It motivated me to get back on board 14 months after I took Route, to get it together and Finish Switch and T-SHOOT in starting back in October of 2015.

Question:

I plan on going into Network Security (Pentesting, Vulnerability Assessments, CyberSecurty, Incident Response type stuff) versus Network Engineering. I plan on eventually taking the OSCP once I finish my BS. IT Security Degree from WGU around May. But I do not plan on entering my Masters for Security until sometime in 2017. Would a CCDA be beneficial? I guess my logic is that it would nail home how networks might be designed, and may empower my skill-set a little bit.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very awesome! Congrats man! It's a breath of fresh air to hear someone who was / is in the same boat as me pass from old Route content already under their belt.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Very awesome! Congrats man! It's a breath of fresh air to hear someone who was / is in the same boat as me pass from old Route content already under their belt.

Yeah, I kept hearing how Route was the harder of the three.. and switching always came to me easier... let's just say it was totally worth finishing it.. I found Route to have been the more difficult exam in multiple facets.

Good luck on your quest to finish up yours! Glad that I finally got this off my back. I've felt guilty about not finishing up what I started with this for my whole first semester in WGU
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, I kept hearing how Route was the harder of the three.. and switching always came to me easier... let's just say it was totally worth finishing it.. I found Route to have been the more difficult exam in multiple facets.

Good luck on your quest to finish up yours! Glad that I finally got this off my back. I've felt guilty about not finishing up what I started with this for my whole first semester in WGU

At least you still had ample time to complete it while your cert was still active. I can't wait to share the same feeling!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done and congratz!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Way to go!
    CCDA is kind of like.. ITIL for Networking.
    the CCDP is very beneficial but the CCDA looks good on the resume I been told and only takes a month to learn.
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    Way to go!
    CCDA is kind of like.. ITIL for Networking.
    the CCDP is very beneficial but the CCDA looks good on the resume I been told and only takes a month to learn.

Thanks Kohr-ah, been a long time coming.
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Grats :)
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.