Options

Comptia security+ (confused)

mikeITmanmikeITman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone

I am new to this site. My first question is below

I have looked on pearson vue and the price of the exam for security+ is £195+39 in V.A.T 20% = £234
The voucher however is £195 for the exam, and doesn't include any additional taxes. However if i were to purchase the voucher via the comptia site am i right in assuming i will be saving £39 when i actually book the exam using the voucher code??? or i will have to pay up the extra £39 in VAT to pearson vue after applying the code when booking the exam? as i am thinking there is a catch, and no way it will be possible to save this £39,

Comments

• Options
    scottishkiwiscottishkiwi Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not 100% sure but my assumption would be that you would "saving £39" since Pearson Vue can't charge you VAT on £0 which the cost would ultimately be since your voucher code will discount the cost of the exam (i.e from £195 to £0). I haven't used a voucher before so cant be totally sure but VAT is applied by a VAT registered company when charging you and is based on the amount they are charging you so since PV aren't actually charging you then they cant add or charge you VAT. If you purchased your voucher for £195 and the company you bought it from was a UK VAT registered company then they would be charging you VAT at this point but from the sound of it this was not the case... but if i am wrong then make sure you let us all know! icon_smile.gif
    2016 : CompTIA Network+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Storage+ (Jan) [X], CompTIA Security+ (Feb) [X], Cisco ICND1 (Feb) [X], MS 70-410 (Mar) [X], Cisco ICND2 (Mar) [X], Juniper JNCIA-Junos (Apr) [ ], Amazon AWS CSA (Apr) [ ], VMWare VCP-DCV (May) [X], MS 70-409 (May) [X], MS 70-411+412 (May) [ ]
    2015 : ITIL Foundations (Dec) [X], PRINCE2 Foundation (Dec) [X], CompTIA A+ (Dec) [X]
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As long as you have the voucher you won't pay vat it'll ask you for the voucher code I've used vouchers with Pearson bye myself in the U.K.

Good luck with your exam mate
  • Options
    mikeITmanmikeITman Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

Well it seems its actually the same price of £234 for the voucher, I didn't actually get to the checkout page when I put my postcode, as soon as I put that it calculated the correct rate.

However I have since fond this 10% Discount Code for CompTIA Certification Exam Vouchers | Pearson IT Certification so when booking for the exam what I will do is buy a voucher, and apply the 10% discount code to the voucher, and therefore save myself some money :)

Thanks for the heads up guys, looking forward to cracking this one.

Mike