Security+ vs. CCNA

ShawnnaShawnna Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm interested in both the CCNA and Security+ but wondering how difficult the Security+ exam is comparitively. I don't know if I should go for the Security+ or CCNA first. Any opinions, thoughts, experience, and advice is welcome!
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

-Albert Einstein

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are a hands-on type of person, the CCNA will keep your interest more than the security+ will. The security+ is more geared toward theories and memorizing different security related terms, facts and policies. Both exams are challenging and will require study and practice. I think both are equally respected certs. Part of the answer will depend on what you wish to persue as a career path as well.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The more you know before you get into security, the better. Had I known before, what I know now, I'd have waited until I'd finished some other stuff, before tackling Security+, so I could have gotten more out of it. In short: Go for the CCNA first, you'll get more out of the Security+ that way.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    It depends on your time frame. Security+ will take less time to study for but it will be easier if you already know the CCNA information. It is important to know that there is only a small amount of shared information between the 2 tests.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP