Verification of Experience substitution

morfeanomorfeano Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed CISA exam recently. However, as I don't have full 5 years of IS audit experience I had to substitute 1 year of IS experience with non-IS auditing experience obtained from a previous employer in order to complete my designation. I am not sure though who should verify the non- IS auditing experience, is it my current employer or the previous one? Should the verifier still fill-in pages V1 and V2 of the Cisa application which are related to IS-auditing experience, or an employment letter from my previous employer would be sufficient?

Would appreciate any input with this inquiry.

Comments

• tedchantedchan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    morfeano wrote: »
    I passed CISA exam recently. However, as I don't have full 5 years of IS audit experience I had to substitute 1 year of IS experience with non-IS auditing experience obtained from a previous employer in order to complete my designation. I am not sure though who should verify the non- IS auditing experience, is it my current employer or the previous one? Should the verifier still fill-in pages V1 and V2 of the Cisa application which are related to IS-auditing experience, or an employment letter from my previous employer would be sufficient?

Would appreciate any input with this inquiry.

I passed mine in Dec15, and similar to your situation, did you verify the non-IS auditing experience by previous employer?
    thank you and hope you can provide update on this!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As per How to Become CISA Certified, a degree and/or a master's in infosec or IT should help.
    60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience

A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience
  • mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat here! It's very frustrating, as V-1 and 2 both are geared toward relevant IS experience, while the application only mentions that 1 year non-IS can substitute for 1 year of IS-Audit experience. Can't seem to find anything on whether my previous employer should fill them out or if a letter will be fine. Any help would be appreciated.
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• justinheadleyjustinheadley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mcc39817 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat here! It's very frustrating, as V-1 and 2 both are geared toward relevant IS experience, while the application only mentions that 1 year non-IS can substitute for 1 year of IS-Audit experience. Can't seem to find anything on whether my previous employer should fill them out or if a letter will be fine. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm dealing with the same situation for the Non-IS Audit experience. VS-2 has nothing to do with Non-IT Audit, so none of those boxes are applicable. I emailed the Certifications Dept at ISACA this morning and will let you all know some thing when I hear back from them.
  • mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone!

Just spoke with an ISACA rep in certifications and they confirmed that for non IS-Audit experience, they only fill out the first page, V-1 since V-2 deals with IS-Audit experience.

Thanks!
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• justinheadleyjustinheadley Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks mcc, that's a big help
  • tedchantedchan Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks mcc! this save me additional works for the V-1 V-2