Options

printing problem

jdstonejdstone Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
when i try to print, i get an error what reads: "printing in progress" and i click ok, but nothing ever prints. has anyone ever encountered this before? any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's a little vague, can you provide some more detail? icon_sad.gif

What have you done to trouble shoot so far?
    What application are you printing from?
    Local or network printer? What kind/model? What OS?
    Did it ever print correctly? Did the error just start? What was the last thing that changed when it quit working?

Post whatever detail you can and we'll be glad to help. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If it is local and parallel then the most common problem is not having you parallel port set to normal and not epp or ecp. Normal is basically one way communication and the device driver is waiting for a response from the printer that will never come.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sprkymrk wrote:
    That's a little vague, can you provide some more detail? icon_sad.gif

What have you done to trouble shoot so far?
    What application are you printing from?
    Local or network printer? What kind/model? What OS?
    Did it ever print correctly? Did the error just start? What was the last thing that changed when it quit working?

Post whatever detail you can and we'll be glad to help. icon_cool.gif
    TheShadow wrote:
    If it is local and parallel then the most common problem is not having you parallel port set to normal and not epp or ecp. Normal is basically one way communication and the device driver is waiting for a response from the printer that will never come.

Agreed.

Little more info is necessary to help narrow this down for you.

Does a test page print?

However, sprkymrk already asked everything I'd ask. So, I'll keep watching for your comments as I'm sure these guys are too.

Thanks
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?