Options

Any use in having Vista for studying?

ThoughtSoThoughtSo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm studying for 801/802 (will take before retirement) with Exam Cram 6th ed. and I'm about to start chapter 9: "Configuring Windows". I have win7 and XP on a refurbed machine I bought, but no Vista. I've only minimally used Vista a long time ago and, from what I remember, there isn't much difference between Vista and 7 (the author also seems to imply this in the chapter 9 intro). So, I'm looking for experienced answers to the following question(s):

Should I bother getting a copy of Vista to complement XP and 7? (If so, does anyone know where I might find an inexpensive, legitimate copy of HomePremium/Business/Ultimate?)

OR

Would it be easy enough to just memorize what I can about Vista from the book and from similarity to win7?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mainstream and service pack support has ended for XP and Vista. I would probably not try and install unsupported OS. Try and learn what you can from the book i guess.
  • Options
    ThoughtSoThoughtSo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I should mention that I would only be using Vista offline (as I do with XP) to tinker with as instructed in Exam Cram, so I'm not worried about the lack of Microsoft support.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    I don't think it is necessary.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems