Options

failed CCSP

swish45swish45 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I've just completed sitting the ISC2 CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) exam. Unfortunately, i scored 669 out of 1000, with the required passing mark being 700.

My thoughts.

A very difficult exam, that tested my comprehension of the English language rather then the content. Very wordy, with long story based questions.

I studied for this exam using only the "Official (ISC2) Guide to the CCSP CBK" from Amazon.

A word of warning, you will not achieve a passing score on this exam confidently, let alone a top grade using this book.

The fact that i got so close to a pass, was solely due to my own experience in this space.

To prove my point, i have just cross referenced the domains that ISC flagged as being my weakest with the domains in the above book to see the specific areas i can improve on and i can not see any information that remotely relates to the concepts/questions i received in the exam.

ISC2 are offering the "Official (ISC)² CCSP student workbook (electronic version)" as part of their on demand training package for $495. I have no idea if this is identical to the other "official content" sold on Amazon that i used.I'm assuming "official" has another meaning to the folks at ISC2.

I'm going to resit this exam in 30 days, but not sure what to use to study.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That was close, you will pass it the 2nd time. Did you get any scenario based questions? What is your experience with?
  • Options
    Plenty of scenario based questions.

To add, my biggest disappointment was how heavily the exam focused on the perspective of the cloud provider.

How many of us will actually end up working for AWS, Azure or Rackspace? They should have an exam that focuses specifically on the requirements/challenges that CSP's face.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There are some free aws books on amazon if you are a prime member. They are e-books for kindle and the kindle app. I would think the focus on that is accurate, the exam is geared for those people who would be working for cloud providers or for those that deal with cloud systems and deployment.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    have you taken any other ISC2 exams, your description of the exam seems fairly close to other exams they provide in particular the CISSP.

Unfortunately they are very wordy and scenario based.
  • Options
    Mitechniq wrote: »
    have you taken any other ISC2 exams, your description of the exam seems fairly close to other exams they provide in particular the CISSP.

Unfortunately they are very wordy and scenario based.

Good point. This is my first ISC2 exam. My experience has been with GIAC and Cisco
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    swish45 wrote: »
    Good point. This is my first ISC2 exam. My experience has been with GIAC and Cisco

So, have you retested this exam yet?