Best Study guide and other study materials for CISSP

marko959marko959 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have 8 years experience in Infosec as an Information Security Analyst from 2000 to 2008. I have decided that I now want to get back into the InfoSec field, and also want to get the CISSP certification. I did some research on the ISC2 site, and saw they recommend certain study materials. When I checked out the study guide on Amazon, there were a lot of negative reviews for it. If if it is as bad as some seem to say, then maybe I want to look at other guides/study materials. Can someone recommend a better guide than the ISC2 version?

Also, are there any other study materials that would be valuable to help me learn the material and pass the exam?

Thank you!

Comments

• soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Specifically related to which book to read I'd recommend Eric Conrad's study guide (I believe edition 3 is out now which is what I would use). Here's some general advice I posted yesterday in a similar thread:

here is a quick summary of the general advice/study habits users here used to pass the CISSP exam:
    1. Read a CISSP book (shon harris, CBK, Eric Conrad, Sybex, etc.) The conrad book seems to be the least verbose and the sybex one seems to cover more of the new material
    2. Take practice questions (CCCure, Transcender, Mcgraw-hill, studiscope, etc.)
    3. Review the sunflower pdf
    4. If you attend a CISSP bootcamp it should only be as a refresher course and not a start from scratch ground up approach
    5. "Think like a manager" or something
    6. Study various resources
    7. Cybrary.it has some good CISSP videos and people seem to really enjoy kelly's teaching
    8. Get a good night's sleep and eat a good meal prior to the exam
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • marko959marko959 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Specifically related to which book to read I'd recommend Eric Conrad's study guide (I believe edition 3 is out now which is what I would use). Here's some general advice I posted yesterday in a similar thread:

here is a quick summary of the general advice/study habits users here used to pass the CISSP exam:
    1. Read a CISSP book (shon harris, CBK, Eric Conrad, Sybex, etc.) The conrad book seems to be the least verbose and the sybex one seems to cover more of the new material
    2. Take practice questions (CCCure, Transcender, Mcgraw-hill, studiscope, etc.)
    3. Review the sunflower pdf
    4. If you attend a CISSP bootcamp it should only be as a refresher course and not a start from scratch ground up approach
    5. "Think like a manager" or something
    6. Study various resources
    7. Cybrary.it has some good CISSP videos and people seem to really enjoy kelly's teaching
    8. Get a good night's sleep and eat a good meal prior to the exam

Thank you very much for the advice. The Conrad book seems to get the best reviews. I'm excited to start the process to get certified. Thanks again!