thanks all for helping me with mt bios problem,
can some tell me where to find the compaq bios update
on line, this is a pIII 600 mhz compaq deskpro
thanks
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's the model# on the deskpro? Pop it in here and search for drivers/updates/firmware. It may be so old that they are no longer available.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-001&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=89323&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&cc=us
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can also chat online with a Compaq help desk representative for free if you can't find what your looking for. Sometimes what they have on the website isn't the newest or even correct. I've ran into the wrong bios for a specific model number.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ricktea wrote:
    thanks all for helping me with mt bios problem,
    can some tell me where to find the compaq bios update
    on line, this is a pIII 600 mhz compaq deskpro
    thanks

Try to keep all your replies to the topic in the same thread. It is easier to follow the history of the topic and your problem as well as solutions that have been previously issued.

Thanks
    PW

Best place for BIOS (IMNSHO) is the MFG. Someone like HP/Compaq likley have archives, you may need to ask, if not then look for 3rd party archive places online.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will need to get the correct BIOS from Compaq. Even though it may be say a MSI (or any other manufacturer) board the Compaq stuff always runs Compaq BIOS.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    RussS wrote:
    You will need to get the correct BIOS from Compaq. Even though it may be say a MSI (or any other manufacturer) board the Compaq stuff always runs Compaq BIOS.

Yes, that is what I was referring to as well, not the MOBO MFG. Sorry for not being more clear.

Custom builds = Mobo MFG
    Brand Name (national Brand's) = Their Site
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    RussS wrote:

Yes, that is what I was referring to as well, not the MOBO MFG. Sorry for not being more clear.

Custom builds = Mobo MFG
    Brand Name (national Brand's) = Their Site
    Plantwiz
    _____