Options

CISSP Training by Adam Gordon

lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
My company paid for the official ISC2 course and it is taught by Mr. Adam Gordon. The course is expensive but there is an alternative. If you subscribe to ITPro.TV, he also teaches the CISSP course on that site. The courses are basically the same but you just have to pay a monthly subscription fee versus paying $2495 for a course provided by ISC2. If you don't know who Adam Gordon is, he is the editor of the OIG 4th Edition.
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Everything was fine until "editor of the OIG". You lost me right there.
  • Options
    I don't have the book but I did receive the student guide. It's a little confusing because i've read the Sybex 7th Ed and the student guide that comes with the class and the official guide does not go into as much detail.
  • Options
    cbkihongcbkihong Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The official course student guide is essentially the compilation of excerpts from the OIG 4th edition. I have both. It has less repetition and a bit less fat compared with the OIG. But then, paying $2495 for the precis of a $70 book, not quite justified had I needed to pay for that.
  • Options
    Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The videos were just updated on ITPro.tv. They average around 30 minutes and there are about 5-8 videos in most sections. I am downloading the audio files and listening to/from work. If I had to rank them, I'd say CybraryIT's with Kelly Handerhan is the best, Sari Greene's would be next followed by Adam's.

How are you liking the course?
  • Options
    I agree with you on the Cybrary course. She goes straight to the "meat and potatoes" and the course is between 16-17 hrs long. The ITPro course is 27 hrs long and the official course is 40 hrs long. I've watched all three and Kelly explains things a whole lot better than Adam does.