Every single ITIL Foundation question answered

Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
edited June 2019 in ITIL Certifications
Hi everyone

I've noticed that the same questions come up about the ITIL Foundation again and again so I've collected them all together and put them in this article, along with some useful links:

Your ITIL Foundation Certification Questions Answered | ITSM Zone

I hope it's helpful, if I've missed anything please message me and I'll add it.

Thanks

Claire

Comments

• jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link..
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Where were you when I was taking the test? LOL
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ha - maybe not every Foundation question answered then icon_smile.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Let's just stick this thread right at the top of the forum.

Thank you for that article, Claire. A real time-saver. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    I'm honoured! Thanks Slowhand.

I updated the article yesterday to add a new question based on some feedback. It now addresses 'what happens if I fail?' too.

Claire
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the link, I keep seeing "ITIL V3 required" on job boards but couldn't figure out what exactly that meant.
    Hi tpatt100, glad it was helpful! As training providers we get told off by our accreditors if we say 'v3' but it seems to be used quite commonly still. If you see a training provider offering 'v3' training you need to check their accreditation carefully.

Claire
  • syhamsyham Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi tpatt100, glad it was helpful! As training providers we get told off by our accreditors if we say 'v3' but it seems to be used quite commonly still. If you see a training provider offering 'v3' training you need to check their accreditation carefully.

Claire
    hey Claire, After reading forums, i got to know ITIL v3 foundation is the latest one. How i could get nuggets or practice Q/A? Can you assist further.
    Hi syham, the article linked to above will talk you through all the different training options and where to get a free sample exam. There is some free material on the internet, but it may be out of date or inaccurate so consider investing in at least one of the authorised books. Good luck! Claire
  • aussiebenaussieben Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Claire, Excellent collections for ITIL question bank.
    i am planning to sit for exam soon. Hope, it help my preparation.
    Cheers
    Thanks for the feedback itsmHarun and aussieben, good luck with the exam preparation icon_smile.gif
  • mxdxbuaemxdxbuae Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not sure what went wrong, in my preparation, i followed the lynda.com ITIL course but still couldnt clear.
    I also followed some **** and sample questions from AXelos, and then from ********, none of questions were same and i was shocked, why the question patterns are changed so much
    kindly someone advise
    regards
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Somewhat the same thing. I do these practice test and fail them every time. Each one is
    different . Ex. http://ol.apmg-exams.com/Exam.aspx
    fail that one every time.
    Hi mxdxbuae and tmtex, the Foundation questions do change regularly so it's important to focus on understanding the concepts as well as the questions. if you've followed a training course (online or in a classroom) then your training provider should give you support. If you've not followed a course then it may be worth investing in one, as taking the exams a number of times can get very expensive. Good luck! Claire
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, I would like to take the ITIL Foundation exam. Could you please walk me through the process of registration.

Thank you.
    Best, sacredboy!
    Hi sacredboy, you'll find all the information you need to study and find an exam provider in this article: Your ITIL Foundation Certification Questions Answered | ITSM Zone

Good luck, Claire
  • reese09reese09 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this and scheduled to take my exams late of March 2017.

How true that the questions in the exam are more difficult now compared from the previous years?

Are there any free updates materials out there you can recommend most?

Thanks in advance.
  • et_phonehome_2et_phonehome_2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had just taken the ITIL Foundation exam, it was much harder than any of the practice exams I had found. Unfortunately, I could not find any site whereby questions were truly like the exam.
  • fluidt7fluidt7 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi claire, i cant find the link to the questions. All i saw was a guideline in ITIL foundation certification. I tot you meant the actual exam questions(past questions for training purpose)
  • pxen9205pxen9205 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also about to book this exam (ITIL Foundation) - it has been taken off Prometric, but is still available on PearsonVue - although, it seems it will only be available until 18 January. After this date, it seems, you will have to book through a college or vendor, perhaps so you will have to sit classroom? I guess people booking Prometric and Pearson are self-studying. Can someone confirm this please?
    In 2018 ITIL exams are only available via Peoplecert. You can self study and purchase an online exam on their website.
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I have book my exam and this will really help - cool
  • kenitojkenitoj Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to Thank Miss Claire Agutter and her company (ITSM Zone) as i cleared/passed ITIL last Friday 9th March via online proctored Online Test (People Cert).

Take note that i have relevant experience for 3 yrs related to ITIL but i did not rely on experience. I just worked my *ss off to make sure i pass =)

The exam is not difficult if you really study and understand the concepts.

How i prepared:

- Enrolled through ITSM Zone ITIL online training (via Udemy). This was way back 2016. I finished the video training way back 2016 but only sat down to focus this year for 2 weeks
    - Blocked my 2 weekends (February 201icon_cool.gif and alotted every morning 4:30AM to 6:30AM to study every day on weekdays for past 2 weeks
    - I have used the ITSM Zone downloadable study guide and cross referenced with Claire Agutters ITIL exam essentials. Both are the same but Claire's book is the best reference. Everything you need is here
    - watched few free videos from Simplelearn on youtube
    - Review and Study. Repeat to really understand the concepts. Re-read and focused. The key is REPETITIONS!
    - Bought the Axelos ITIL App for practice test
    - Pray hard and seek guidance from above (not religious but i truly believed that if you want something with good purpose, you can get it)

This site has also helped me a lot in terms of knowing what's the current status of other candidates who took it.

I'm onto my next certification, much more techinical. I'm considering to take ITIL intermediate or PMP but in later time or next year.

Goodluck to other candidates!

Cheers!
    Uno
  • StevennnStevennn Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2018

Hi I am reading the ITIL Foundation Handbook from Claire Agutter. Is this enough to pass if I study this real good?

Edit: I also watch videos on Udemy from Jason Dion.

Thanks!

Currently: CCNA R&S certified
    Goal: CCNP by the end of 2020
    Now updated with ITIL 4 content: https://itsm.zone/itil-news/your-itil-foundation-certification-questions-answered/

If you see anything missing, let me know!