VCP Exam

jack84iejack84ie Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
have booked my VCP exam for tomorrow at 10.

still unsure about the exam, my study was Plural-sight VCP6 with Greg and CBT Nuggets with Keth, also i used VCP6-DCV Study Guide - ESX Virtualization for review i heard people had trouble with this exam alot of catch you type questions..

any last tips ? for the people who done the exam ?

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you done any labbing at all ?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • jack84iejack84ie Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have done a Nested ESXi following the CBT nuggets and Plural-sight labs and working with vCenter daily
    have also worked with the VMware HOLs Labs
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you do any official training?
    Yeah i did the ICM and fast track Opt and Scale within a College by me for 12 weeks
  • LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Good luck! It's not an easy exam - you have to know your stuff considering the amount of questions and length of time.

Failed mine by 15 points (6ish questions) - hope you do well!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Failed mine by 15 points (6ish questions)!
    How did you work out that it's 6ish questions?

The scaled scoring system that is used runs from 100-500, and the passing score of 300 has no direct relationship with a number of questions right and wrong.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    That's where the ish comes into play. You are right there is no direct correlation, i got a 275 on my exam (misstyped earlier), roughly speaking with 500 divided by the number of questions gives you the percent per question. Is it perfect no, are certain questions weighted more, yes. It was a method to make myself feel a bit better about not passing - thanks for bringing me back down to earth though...
    Well the good news is that i Passed the Exam..

feelings about the exam.. mixed, the Questions with images i couldn't even make out the images as the pixels were so bad..
    a lot of catch ya type questions.. i did end up flagging the multiple-choice questions so i could come back to them and give myself time and breathing space to read over them carefully, i did knock off the single choice type questions first.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It was a method to make myself feel a bit better about not passing - thanks for bringing me back down to earth though...
    Certainly not my intention. You're certainly close enough to a pass, with lessons learned from your first attempt you'll give it a good go next time I'm sure...
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jack84ie wrote: »
    Well the good news is that i Passed the Exam..

feelings about the exam.. mixed, the Questions with images i couldn't even make out the images as the pixels were so bad..
    a lot of catch ya type questions.. i did end up flagging the multiple-choice questions so i could come back to them and give myself time and breathing space to read over them carefully, i did knock off the single choice type questions first.

Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks it was a Long 5 months, of study..
    Congrats man - what is your next exam / topic?
    Congrats man - what is your next exam / topic?

Comptia Linux + is next on my list
    followed by LPIC 2 or VCAP..