Options

Exam Still valid???

reys739reys739 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the A+ Core hardware part of the a+ about 4 years ago before it changed and never took the OS part of the exam would the hardware part still be valid if i wanted to take the OS part??

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    no, first of all, the deadline for mixing os and core on the old track has long expired. And also, os and core has to be taken together within 90days on any track. Though I've heard some people say that that restriction depends on location. But when I had called CompTIA, that's the information I got.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    wow that sucks, anyways thanks for the info.
  • Options
    reys739 wrote:

You should have a CompTIA account, log in to certification history/progress, and you'll see what you need for A+.

I believe technically you are not certified and you have to redo both OS and hardware core.

https://certify.comptia.org/
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    reys739 wrote:

You should have a CompTIA account, log in to certification history/progress, and you'll see what you need for A+.

I believe technically you are not certified and you have to redo both OS and hardware core.

I seem to recall that both exams needed to be completed in 90 days, however, I couldn't find that in my 'quick' search. Anyway, if it has been as long as stated, I'd expect to just start new.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292

I got my A+ in 1996. Since I am on the MCSA track, I decided to use the A+/Net+ as my elective. This past Thursday, when I tried to create an account, I needed my old score sheet and the location that I took my exam. Since I no longer had those things, I contacted them via email (the support link on their website) and gave them my ID# off of my A+ card. They got back to me the same day with all of the information that I needed to register.

Thinking about it now, I think you have to have passed a test (or at least taken one) to register - since you need a grade sheet. If you're on record they can probably help, if not, then you'll probabaly have to take a test first.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote:
    I seem to recall that both exams needed to be completed in 90 days, however, I couldn't find that in my 'quick' search. Anyway, if it has been as long as stated, I'd expect to just start new.

I agree!
    deneb829 wrote:
    Thinking about it now, I think you have to have passed a test (or at least taken one) to register - since you need a grade sheet. If you're on record they can probably help, if not, then you'll probabaly have to take a test first.

He said that he's passed core, so he should be able to get an account if he doesnt already have one.
  • Options
    deneb829 wrote:

He said that he's passed core, so he should be able to get an account if he doesnt already have one.

I would think they have a record of him...just that since he didn't complete his second exam, he's not listed as an A+ certified and his exam is likely listed as 'expired', but I would image they keep records for every attempt.

Perhaps not? Best to just call them up Monday Morning and ask them or shoot them an e-mail....I'd call if it were me.
    FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since you took it on the old track, I don't think so. However, I took my software test & then waited about 7 months before taking the hardware.
  • Options
    I have an ID i passed my network + a while back so I could look it up...I was planning to use the a+/network + as an elective for my mcse so i guess I'll go ahead and take the a+ hardcore again and take the OS within 90 days thanks for your help evveryone.
  • Options
    Good Luck :)
    Plantwiz
    _____