Options

Passed ITIL RCV

mikelau13mikelau13 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally I passed it after failing the first time.

I submitted the exam in the final minute, I ran out of time so the last question I was just making a guess, i didn't have time to review any of the questions. In situation like this, I thought I am going to fail again... but surprisingly that I got 90%, the only question I got wrong is the final question that I made a guess.

I have absolutely zero ITIL background, this is my very first ITIL intermediate exam, for in case you are also the same then here is some of my advise:
  1. Buy the $85 ITIL book, don't use the cheap handbook; yes it can save you money up-front but then you will end up waste more time+money by re-taking the exam
  2. Now I seriously think the cheap ITIL online course is useless, I used simplilearn.com
  3. There are definitely not enough mock exams, I suggest you go to the internet to find also the expired exams; also, since lifecycle module overlaps with capability module, you can cross check the similar mock exams in another module
  4. For only the mock exams, I found the ST is slightly easier than the RCV (considering each exam in lifecycle module only worth 3 credits while the capability module you can earn 4 credits, I think it makes more sense either RCV covered more topics or RCV is slightly tougher, hence more difficult)

Now good luck to your exam. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Mike

Congratulations on the pass and sorry you had to learn some expensive lessons along the way icon_smile.gif

For every potential ITIL learner, Mike's comments here do highlight why cheap isn't always best when it comes to training (this is a general comment - I have no experience of simplilearn themselves).

Online training can be brilliant, but make sure you thoroughly evaluate what you're getting in the package. Do you have access to tutors? Do you have access to extra sample exams? How long do you have to access the material? Are there free samples? If not, why not?

Every good training company will be happy to answer questions before you commit your money. If you don't get answers to simple customer service questions, what sort of support can you expect when you've bought the training?

It's great to pass an exam at the end of a course, but you also need to be confident that you'll learn something that will be of value to you in your career.

Claire
  • Options
    csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Which Book did u purchase Mike ? Can u pls post the front cover picture?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congratulations. Well Done. Hope you get new heights of success after achieving this milestone.