Options

GCIH - Pearson Vue Cancellation

mjs1104mjs1104 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Has anyone had Pearson Vue cancel a test on them at the last minute? I just received an email from Pearson Vue that my GCIH test scheduled for this coming Tuesday was cancelled. The email apologized and told me to reschedule the test. Here's the problem, there are no testing centers within a 20 mile radius of my house that currently offer the test before the deadline (Sept 24th). There were plenty of testing facilities that had availability a few months ago when I scheduled the test, but now they don't.

This seems like extremely late notice and is really stressing me out. I called and left the SANS proctor an email message explaining the situation. I would assume that they may give me an extension so that I can reschedule the test. Has anyone had this happen to them?
GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Never had that happen to me, but I can only assume SANS will extend things out to accommodate a later exam date.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That sucks. I agree that if you present your case to SANS they will most likely extend it.
  • Options
    ByronicbluezByronicbluez Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GIAC will extend your test date, just give them a call and they have you write an email to GIAC.
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    mjs1104 wrote: »
    I just received an email from Pearson Vue that my GCIH test scheduled for this coming Tuesday was cancelled.

So they can cancel exams with little to no notice without repercussion but we either can't or face a fee? Sounds about right.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    mjs1104mjs1104 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the late follow up, I sent the GIAC proctor an email and they gave me a one week extension. I was able to take the test the following week and passed.
    GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod