CISSP Passed

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just passed the CISSP this morning after two previous failed attempts throughout the last year and a half.

I only used 2 hours of the 6 allotted, including reviewing some of the questions that I flagged for review. I was extremely confident this time as I really put in a solid 5 months of continuous studying for the exam.

Luckily, my manager is a current CISSP and has already offered endorsement, so I'll get that underway immediately.

Resources:

CISSP Threads in the Techexam Forums
CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide - 6th Edition
CISSP Study Guide - 2nd Edition
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK - 3rd Edition
SunFlower PDF
CISSP Combined Notes
CISSP CBT Nuggets- Keith Barker

Feels good to check this one of the list...thinking a little break is deserved then onto the GCIH! icon_wink.gif
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats icon_smile.gif new to all this, whats the advantage of having someone else with a cissp who can endorse you?
    also i see you have your ccna, in terms of difficulty how does the cissp compare with the ccna in terms of difficulty?
    i realise they are different exams but on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the two?
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing and not giving up after your first two attempts ... doing the test under 2 hours is impressive .. 48 seconds per questionicon_thumright.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • 5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    Congrats! Way to stay in the fight...
  • claytkamclaytkam Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...I am on chapter reading for the exam.what is the best way to prepare
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @eddo1.

CISSP and CCNA are two totally different exams. CISSP is more management/policy/procedural based while the CCNA is extremely technical. That being said the CISSP is much more difficult, I would rate it at least a 8 on a scale of 1-10...for the CCNA:R&S I would rate it a 4.

As far as the advantage of knowing someone with a current CISSP to endorse you...I believe it just speeds up the overall process of endorsement vs going through ISC2.
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

Make sure you don't reference "having" a CISSP on your resume you submit to ISC2. They don't like anyone saying they have it or are even an associate of ISC2 until the formal process is complete. Had a coworker's resume rejected for simply saying he passed the exam!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • kawak_zx7kawak_zx7 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass.

Make sure you don't reference "having" a CISSP on your resume you submit to ISC2. They don't like anyone saying they have it or are even an associate of ISC2 until the formal process is complete. Had a coworker's resume rejected for simply saying he passed the exam!

yeah kinda wonder why you have owned the CISSP (listed on the certification that you have) while you are just passed it icon_lol.gif
    be careful man..
  • tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • jumbokingjumboking Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many Congratulations! Your failure ultimately lead you to success! Inspiration for other. All the best for your future endeavors.
  • gina2525gina2525 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man! Hard work pays off!!
  • hariram007hariram007 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    Could you please share Cissp combined notes as i am planning to write next month.
    Thanks.
    Hari. R
  • smotensmoten Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! on achieving such a great milestone.

could you please share the CISSP Combined notes as I m appearing in next month.

Thanks.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For those of you curious about the endorsement time:

I submitted my completed Endorsement Application on December 11, 2014.
    I received notification that my Endorsement was approved and I am an official CISSP today January 8th, 2015.

So just be patient and it will come! icon_wink.gif
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats and welcome to the club :D
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    For those of you curious about the endorsement time:

I submitted my completed Endorsement Application on December 11, 2014.
    I received notification that my Endorsement was approved and I am an official CISSP today January 8th, 2015.

So just be patient and it will come! icon_wink.gif

Congrats on it being official as of today!

Thanks for the time frame information as well. I recently endorsed a coworker for the first time around the same date as you and am eagerly awaiting his ruling.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
    Hi, Congratulations, you achieved such a great certification, no its adding a great value in your career.

if you don't mind could you please share CISSP combined notes on saadmoten@yahoo.com

BR
    CISSP Combined Notes.pdf <----The notes are attached.

Please note that I did not create nor claim to own these notes.

I obtained them from a post in these forums.
    Thanks for Sharing the link, It will definitely adding value my last minute preparation. I am appearing on coming Monday Jan 12th
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    CISSP Combined Notes.pdf <----The notes are attached.

Please note that I did not create nor claim to own these notes.

I obtained them from a post in these forums.

out of all my notes and PDFs (and I had many of them at the time), I think this pdf topped them all.
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's dated. For instance COBIT section is not updated.
  • tiagotavarestiagotavares Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats buddy!

Just question, what did you change on your study plan/effort this time that made you achieve CISSP this time?
    Tks
  • Sscp1986Sscp1986 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz Techguy
    2015: CISSP[Working on it]
  • amol9wamol9w Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I felt as idiot when I gave ccna I think in 15-20 I gv exam and waited for 1yr and only studyingQUOTE=TechGuy215;898074]@eddo1.

CISSP and CCNA are two totally different exams. CISSP is more management/policy/procedural based while the CCNA is extremely technical. That being said the CISSP is much more difficult, I would rate it at least a 8 on a scale of 1-10...for the CCNA:R&S I would rate it a 4.

As far as the advantage of knowing someone with a current CISSP to endorse you...I believe it just speeds up the overall process of endorsement vs going through ISC2.[/QUOTE]

I