Options

exam at home

7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I have been asked to sit ITIL V3 foundations by work and seem to have a vague recollection that this test can be sat at home, is this correct, Im in the UK by the way

thanks in advance

Carl
W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• Options
    JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes you can write the ITIL exam anywhere as long as you have the setup which includes webcam with mic and passes their system check. The website is Exin.com. I don't believe that you can write the v3 exam any more as it's been superseded bv ITIL2011. You can write it through Prometric an Pearson Vue also. The cost when I wrote it last month was $208USD.

IMO, since you've been asked to sit the exam, I'd get the study guide by Liz Gallacher and read it through.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks JerryL and the study guide is currently on its way from amazon,

thanks for the advice

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Hey Carl;

No prob. It's not a difficult exam. Pretty straight forward. As long as you know the definitions/concepts and how everything seems to tie in together, you should do fine. If you can view the CBT Nuggets videos by Michael Shannon, he explains it well and makes it not quite so dry.

Jerry
  • Options
    Thanks again JerryL

The book arrived this morning so the study starts after work today, I will keep you posted on progress

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    No prob. As I said before, go over the CBT nuggets on ITIL 2011 with Michael Shannon. CBT has a free week preview so the cost is free. He tends to explain things so that they're not quite as dry. I don't know about you, but I hate going over definitions and the dry "mechanics" of something. I'd rather have something that I can actually relate to.

Let me know how it goes and the exam.

Jerry
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Google EXIN Anywhere for detals of how to order an exan from home
  • Options
    Thanks for your input Liz, also I am using your book to study for the exam, and so far I am very impressed, so thank you for all the work you put into it

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107