Options

Completed the ITIL Foundations Exam

ITIL_You_WhatITIL_You_What Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks!

I'm from Canada and I decided to take the ITIL exam.

I decided to go through Thought Rock, and while they're okay I found that the videos were VERY slow paced. It was a bit difficult to keep focused so I switched to some alternatives.

1. http://www.amazon.ca/Itil-Foundation-Essentials-Exam-Facts/dp/1849283990 Claire Agutter's book (which is awesome, by the way). Order it though Chapters Indigo personally.

2. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Itil-Foundation-Exam-Study-Guide/dp/1119942756/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418064685&sr=8-2&keywords=itil Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris' study guide. Ordered through Chapters again online because I wanted them points.

3. CBT Nuggets - ITIL: Foundation Level: Introduction to ITIL 2011 Foundations CBT Nuggets...but I did it a bit differently. I actually went through the Transcript and solidified my readings from the above two books.

After going through the above 3 + a bit of ThoughtRock, I tackled some exam apps. While they were okay, they only really prepare you for the format of questions. Don't go into the exam thinking you'll see the questions and be able to memorize 1 for 1. Use the questions to check your understanding.

I did all of the above for ~2 weeks and came out with a 90%. The exam was not too difficult, and that's only because I practiced understanding the concepts behind ITIL before going into the exam.

I was extremely nervous, but thanks to all of the threads within this forum I was able to go in and bite that exam in the behind. You guys are awesome!

By the way, my college is currently doing an ITIL course and beforehand they were simply using the pamphlets provided by BMC (I believe). I'm going to be recommending Liz/Helen's book and Claire's book as a standard for the college. They were very pleasing to read.

Good luck to everyone us doing the exam. If you study, it'll be simple!

Comments

• Options
    JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam.

I did mine last month and i just wrote and passed the ITSM Foundation exam. Since you are now certified as ITIL Foundation, you'll only have to write the bridge exam. Same format and same info on whatever practice questions you can find (which aren't very much), they won't be on the exam, but the help in cementing the concepts. All the material is available from EXIN for free.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    squareeyessquareeyes Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let's say I pass the BCS ITIL Foundation exam. Can I then take the Exin bridge Exam too?
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi ITIL You What

Thank you so much for the feedback about the book, it's lovely to hear. Congratulations on the pass and a great result!

Kind regards

Claire
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    how long does it take to get the cert after passing?
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ITIL_You_WhatITIL_You_What Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @eddo1

Hey Eddo1, the silly thing is I had to spend some extra money to get my certificate delivered (and the little pin). I believe it was around $25.

And thanks everyone for the congrats! I'm currently applying to co-op jobs and it feels like I have a lot more options are my disposal this time around. Woo hoo!
  • Options
    Glad it's looking up for you. I didn't send away for the hard copy or the pin. It would be nice to have the pin, but not worth it to spend the cash on it right now. Take a look at the ITSM foundation exam. Now that you're ITIL certified, you can write the bridge exam and will have both. It took me two weeks to study and write the exam. Check on the EXIN website if you're interested. It may just make a difference when applying for jobs.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I just came here to say, "Cool name, bro."
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats, well done
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    ayushjohriayushjohri Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

Its nice to connect with all of you, specially those who are passionate about taking up ITSM as their career ahead and are looking forward to take ITIL Foundation Exams with sure shot success.
    I have recently completed my ITIL Foundation with 95% and have started training people as I feel there are many institutes online who are fooling and charging hefty from the candidates and at the same time just by giving them 2 days of fast training is not adequate to infuse them with learning which stays with them for the rest of their career. They solely do it to make candidate pass the exam, this should not be the motive of learning.

Most of the candidates are lured to such fast paced training but they should know concepts and fundamentals are all what they need to build a solid foundation in this career ahead. This comes with focused approach and with someone who can spend personal time with you.

So I am taking an initiative of providing appropriate guidance to my valuable colleagues here so that they not just pass ITIL but also enjoy the learning/training by following my guided approach which I have built based on my experience of passing it with high score of 95%.

Those who feel interested are most welcome to contact me, and I can further share how we can take major leap to transform your knowledge.
    Only if you are committed and sincere towards it.

Thanks
    Ayush
    ITIL® V3 | Senior SAP Consultant
  • Options
    Ayush;

It's great that you passed the ITIL Foundation exam and especially with 95%. However, your comments sound exactly like an ad. Hopefully I'm mistaken. It is true that there are a lot of companies that are charging exorbitant prices for the training, there are also very easy work arounds for this.

As for myself, I downloaded the training material from EXIN free of charge and found numerous practice exams on-line for free. These are not braindumps, but practice exams that will actually help to get you ready for the exam. Therefore, the only cost that I incurred besides my time was the cost of the exam from a certified testing centre. There are also numerous excellent videos available on YouTube that can be viewed to help get ready for the exam. One other note is that I've noticed that you're showing ITIL V3. Did you not write the 2011 exam which is the current exam to write?

As I was saying, if this is an ad, then please come out and state to in plain words. If it isn't but seems to read as one, then my apologies, but you should reword it then.

Just my comments.

JerryL
  • Options
    robSrobS Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    He's posted the same thing on 4 different threads. I've reported it as spam.