Options

Passed the ITSM Foundation exam this morning

JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the exam this morning. I took the ITIL 2011 exam last month so I only had to write the bridge exam to get my ITSM Foundation certification. All the material is downloadable from EXIN. The exam is straight forward and in the same format as the ITIL exam.

If you're looking for any questions or assistance on the exam on line, there isn't a great deal but if you do find them, they will assist you in getting down the concepts of the material. Be advised that these questions are not on the exam, but use them anyway to cement the concepts.

If you're doing the ITIL Floundation exam, it definitely looks good to have the ITSM Foundation cert along with it.

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I am still studying, I will try to take it next week. did you do online or did you go to a exam center?
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    You can only do it on-line. Plan for up to an hour to go through the setting up of your PC. You'll need a webcam, mic and speaker. I used a Mac and it worked ok. The test is one of two that you'll take. If you have your ITIL Foundation, then you'll only have to take the bridge exam which is less and is 20 questions with a pass rate of 65%. So you'll have to get 13 correct out of 20 questions. You only get 30 minutes to write the bridge exam. If you haven't done the ITIL Foundation exam, then you'll have to take the full exam which is 40 questions, 65% pass rate and 26 correct out of 40 questions and have one hour to do it in.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    Thanks Davis. Hopefully that'll take care of my "management" courses. Back to my true studying; Cisco CCNA R&S and Microsoft 2012R2. Yay!!!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JerryL wrote: »
    You can only do it on-line. Plan for up to an hour to go through the setting up of your PC. You'll need a webcam, mic and speaker. I used a Mac and it worked ok. The test is one of two that you'll take. If you have your ITIL Foundation, then you'll only have to take the bridge exam which is less and is 20 questions with a pass rate of 65%. So you'll have to get 13 correct out of 20 questions. You only get 30 minutes to write the bridge exam. If you haven't done the ITIL Foundation exam, then you'll have to take the full exam which is 40 questions, 65% pass rate and 26 correct out of 40 questions and have one hour to do it in.

Hope that helps.

You answer my question and another one about the bridge exam. So I guess I will need to the 40 questions.

Thanks.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats JerryL and thanks for the info I will certainly look into this when foundation is out of the way

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    ayushjohriayushjohri Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

Its nice to connect with all of you, specially those who are passionate about taking up ITSM as their career ahead and are looking forward to take ITIL Foundation Exams with sure shot success.
    I have recently completed my ITIL Foundation with 95% and have started training people as I feel there are many institutes online who are fooling and charging hefty from the candidates and at the same time just by giving them 2 days of fast training is not adequate to infuse them with learning which stays with them for the rest of their career. They solely do it to make candidate pass the exam, this should not be the motive of learning.

Most of the candidates are lured to such fast paced training but they should know concepts and fundamentals are all what they need to build a solid foundation in this career ahead. This comes with focused approach and with someone who can spend personal time with you.

So I am taking an initiative of providing appropriate guidance to my valuable colleagues here so that they not just pass ITIL but also enjoy the learning/training by following my guided approach which I have built based on my experience of passing it with high score of 95%.

Those who feel interested are most welcome to contact me, and I can further share how we can take major leap to transform your knowledge.
    Only if you are committed and sincere towards it.

Thanks
    Ayush
    ITIL® V3 | Senior SAP Consultant
  • Options
    Ayush;

It's great that you passed the ITIL Foundation exam and especially with 95%. However, your comments sound exactly like an ad. Hopefully I'm mistaken. It is true that there are a lot of companies that are charging exorbitant prices for the training, there are also very easy work arounds for this.

As for myself, I downloaded the training material from EXIN free of charge and found numerous practice exams on-line for free. These are not braindumps, but practice exams that will actually help to get you ready for the exam. Therefore, the only cost that I incurred besides my time was the cost of the exam from a certified testing centre. There are also numerous excellent videos available on YouTube that can be viewed to help get ready for the exam. One other note is that I've noticed that you're showing ITIL V3. Did you not write the 2011 exam which is the current exam to write?

As I was saying, if this is an ad, then please come out and state to in plain words. If it isn't but seems to read as one, then my apologies, but you should reword it then.

Just my comments.

JerryL
  • Options
    Debbie2016Debbie2016 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats JerryL

I have started looking into ITIL Foundation certification. Have you booked exam directly on EXIN website? I believe it costs around for $224, Is this the amount you paid for?. So far - I explored ThoughRock as a good and low price vendor for training and exam. Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congratulations. Well Done. Hope you get new heights of success after achieving this milestone.