Options

IT Security hiring surges

papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
Not a surprise. I just extended three offers in under 4 weeks to new candidates.

IT Security Hiring Surge Continues - InfoRiskToday

Comments

• Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you think now would be the best time to apply for entry level positions? Or do you think the market will be roughly the same 6-7 months from now. I'm trying to finish my bachelor's before I go job searching, but if now is the time to break in, then I should probably just go with the flow.

Here's my resume for reference:
    Blank Blank - Copy.pdf
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Aderon:

No need to rush. The market isn't going to suddenly drop in 6-7 months. If you said 6-7 years, that would be a different story and I can't forecast that far into the future. I just joined a hedge fund, running their security function globally and I was basically handed three reqs without even having to put together a business case/justification for additional headcount -- that was a nice surprise. In any case, security teams this year are expanding, at least at the financials that I am involved in. JP Morgan/CHASE is on a massive hiring spree for security and compliance people right now. Not sure where you are in the country, but if you are looking to get involved with a close knit security community with tons of opportunities, then NYC is the place to be.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Geez, Wyoming doesn't get any love icon_lol.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework