Options

ITIL For Work

whotimewhotime Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
So i work in the IT department for a hospital. We currently do not have policies, procedures, or processes for our department. We also do not have IT Asset Management. I have been tasked with building a majority of these. That being said I am studying for the ITIL certification and believe it will assist me. I have Claire and Liz's books so know that I am learning it.

My question is is there a library or something with templates or examples of IT policies and things of that nature?
WGU BS: IT-Security
In Progress: C170, C246
To Be Completed: C247, C299, C697, C698, C435, C436, C179

Comments

• Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    There are some resources on the internet (I am sure that you will get recommendations posted here). The important thing is to ensure that they reflect what you do, or want to do. Start simply, with incident or change, use the processes in the ITIL books (or in my book or Claire's). Most importantly, remember the key characteristics of a process - inputs, activities,outputs, metrics and improvements. Consider what you will want to measure to ensure the process is delivering, and to highlight improvement opportunities, and ensure that the reporting is carried put and acted upon.Appoint a process owner, to ensure the process is actually carried out.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't stop studying for ITIL. It help you a lot, especially because you will be the initiator of your company's procedures and policies. I see it as a positive point.