Options

ITIL 2011 Foundation.. last minute tips!

SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
Going to sit for the ITIL exam this Sunday..

Although it is not my favorite type of tests, I feel like am more of a technical person, I feel like am prepared to the exam..
It is not something you practice every day.. like it is something that you do but not practice.. not sure to describe it but am really looking to have the best understanding and get the best score..

After you sat for the exams, what tips do you feel you missed? or tips that really enhanced your understanding?

Any last-minute tips would really be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the most important "advice" is to forget everything you have understood or learned about YOUR organization, and focus on answering the questions the way ITIL wants you to. Also, read the question....carefully.

So,
    --Think ITIL, not your organization

--READ the question, carefully

--Think Business, not Technical

Lastly, this is my experience having done ITIL Foundations and then ITIL Practitioner. You will never really use all the components of Change Management, Configuration Management, et cetera at one location. In other words, I truly don't even use it in the every day world. I laugh when I see the "average salary" for ITIL being like 98k. Many many years ago, when MCSE's salary commanded six figures, is much the same, and now there are Help Desk positions requiring MCSE's.

My point? ITIL is a stepping-stone, so if you want to go for Project Management and such, it's a path. Good luck, you'll do fine!
  • Options
    SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot!

The three tips sound perfect!
    to be honest I am more of a technical person, so I don't think I will dive deep in ITIL, foundation should be sufficient..

Anyways, I am not going to act like a typical 'no ****' guy.. I admit I use them ONCE, two days before the exam, they help me know what sections should I pay more attention to and my weakness poonts.. I absolutely felt like your tips are surely valuable!

Thanks!