Options

Critique my resume please

ZomboidicusZomboidicus Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

For some reason, I've been having the most difficult time trying to edit my resume. I been staring at it for about week or two now, and have brain farts anytime trying to think of words to write/add/modify. I'm also trying 2 different types of resumes to see which one may have a better chance of me obtaining an interview. I have some questions, such as;

• Do I need to chop away a lot of contents in my current position?
  • I only have 2 years of cumulative IT experience, and 2 serious positions. Must I keep it under 1 page?
  • Which resume are aesthetically pleasing?
  • How could I word my "summary" better? Is it adequate? Or does it make you want to shred it with your bear hands?

Both resumes are still in progress, but any tips would be appreciated :)

resume-2-edit.pdf resume-1-edit.pdf
2016 Certification Goals: Who knows :D

Comments

• Options
    ZomboidicusZomboidicus Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bumping after some edits
    2016 Certification Goals: Who knows :D
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Resume 2 is superior, namely because you included a high-level overview for each job description, and then used bullets to highlight special achievements, projects, promotions, etc. You are certainly off to a good start.

As far as modifying and improving your resume, have you performed a search for any past resume reviews here on the forums? I often link to ptilsen's resume as a great template and "golden" example to work with. You should also find links to some good resume writing documentation and guides.

After reviewing this information, if you still help, let us know.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)