Options

apmg-international ITIL Ver 3 Foundation test

nofear187nofear187 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Today was the only day I have off in the next 3 weeks since I work 2 jobs, I was scheduled to take the ITIL ver. 3 foundation test online on this web site. After I logged in at 2 pm one of their people refused to let me take the online exam after she connected to my home PC using bomgard remote support tool to verify my identity. she was very unprofessional , confrontational and gave no real explanation other then I was not allowed to take the online certification test without a web cam connected to my PC at all and gave me an e mail address of someone to talk to about a refund. so you might want to avoid getting involved with this certification testing company! I don't have the time to reschedule the test now so I might just have to forget going for this cert test for good thanks to her and this company.

Comments

• Options
    UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    nofear187 wrote: »
    ...gave no real explanation other then I was not allowed to take the online certification test without a web cam connected to my PC at all...

I think while the attitude of the support person was unprofessional, the reason for them failing you on the pre-checks is correct. If you check the pre-requisites for the exam then it states you need a webcam and microphone that pass their tests (ie not a very low resolution camera or one that gives too dark an image etc, plus the microphone cannot be on a headset).

I have used APMG before and had no issues, but I did go to the site and run the checks using their own testing tool.

Any other web proctor will need the same although EXIN Anywhere (the one I use for ITIL exams) does not have someone at the other end of the line so you have to run the tool before starting the exam anyway.

I can see that is was a rookie mistake you made but I would have hoped the support person had a more gracious way of handling it - you should have their name from the chat around the testing of the PC so make a complaint to stop it happening to someone else - Continual Service Improvement and all that :)

Take a little time now, refamiliarise yourself with the pre-requisites to sit the exam and go for it again soon while the knowledge is still fresh in your head.

Good luck
    Iain