Options

Cisco router and 1 switch !

instajohninstajohn Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have 3 Cisco 1800 series router, 2- 2800 series router, and 1- 2960 switch. i was wonder can i use all of this for practice on my lab. Any ideas for me to get more equipment for advance lab. I just want to focus on CCNA right now.

Thanks all you !!!

Comments

• Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    With the very less information i know a layer 3 switch 3550 or 3560 will be really helpful during inter-VLAN routing practise also people say this is the best one to have since you are going to see it more often in real world.

Its just my opinion I am a starter hope experts correct me if I am wrong
    Regards
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should be fine for the CCNA with that setup. With your lab, you can learn how to configure a switch, configure a router, do routing protocols, and do basic security with that setup.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will need more than 1 switch for Spanning Tree Protocol labs in ICND2. Ideally you will want 3-4 switches. Like Nans said you should try to get a 3560 so you can practice multi-layer switching. 5 routers is more than enough.
  • Options
    Thanks Nans.
    Nans wrote: »
    With the very less information i know a layer 3 switch 3550 or 3560 will be really helpful during inter-VLAN routing practise also people say this is the best one to have since you are going to see it more often in real world.

Its just my opinion I am a starter hope experts correct me if I am wrong
    Regards
  • Options
    Thanks. Magmadragoon.
    You should be fine for the CCNA with that setup. With your lab, you can learn how to configure a switch, configure a router, do routing protocols, and do basic security with that setup.
  • Options
    Thanks. Koz24
    koz24 wrote: »
    You will need more than 1 switch for Spanning Tree Protocol labs in ICND2. Ideally you will want 3-4 switches. Like Nans said you should try to get a 3560 so you can practice multi-layer switching. 5 routers is more than enough.