ISACA Experience Endorsement June 2015

1235»

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    csicilia wrote: »
    You can report CPE towards 2016 since certification day. In fact in my case I am taking the RESILIA Practitioner (Cyber-resilience) today and should count as "Passing related professional examinations" for 5 CPE hours (2x exam time).
    Noted with thanks. Seems that ISACA is more stringent when clocking CPE hours.

For a certification exam say CISSP-ISSAP.
    Comptia CASP grants 75 hours, which is the 3 year CEU requirement
    EC-Council grants 40 hours, 120 hours if this is another EC Council exam.
    ISC2 allows you to report study time, say 20 hours
    ISACA allow 2 x exam hours, i.e. 8 hours
    Has any of the first batch of July 2015 CISM certified already received the paper diploma?. While I am on the next batch of CISAs I am needing it for an exemption and the OpenBadge it is not being recognized, I would like to have an idea of the actual time to receive it.

Thank you!
    My CISM mail mention 7 to 10 business days before they send the certificate by post.

They do allow online verification. It is near the bottom right of the CISA/CISM page. You need your certification number (which can be located in your ISACA My Certification page) and last name.
    Use of CISA/CISM logo
    This is my first ISACA cert, so...

From Maintain Your CISM and Maintain Your CISA
    Individual use of the CISM/CISA logo (on items such as business cards, web sites, marketing or promotional materials) is not permitted

Individuals can use the CISM/CISA acronym after their name.

In short, do not use CISM/CISA logo.
    No such restrictions for CompTIA, EC-Council, ISC2, GIAC, Microsoft...
    So take note.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    submitted by CISM application
    Aug 6th -submitted
    Aug 6th - Got "experiencing a large backlog of inquiries" message
    Aug 11th - Got confirmation email
    October 8th - Still unreviewed

Will patiently wait for 1 more week. After than will call them..
  • eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has any of the first batch of July 2015 CISM certified already received the paper diploma?. While I am on the next batch of CISAs I am needing it for an exemption and the OpenBadge it is not being recognized, I would like to have an idea of the actual time to receive it.

Thank you!

I havent received mine, have you received yours? Anyone in this forum please?
  • razorbackzrazorbackz Member Posts: 28 ■■□□□□□□□□
    had mine for a few weeks now
  • corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    same here for the CISM paper cert.
    razorbackz wrote: »
    had mine for a few weeks now
  • csiciliacsicilia Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have not received my paper CISA certificate yet, anyway finally I was able to use the Open Badge to the exemption that I needed, then I am not in a hurry now…
    Meanwhile it seems that I am massochist enough to go through this process again and I have registered for the CISM December exam…
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Officially Certified Yesterday icon_cheers.gif
    Finally, I have received my CISA paper diploma and pin, it was received in Miami one week ago.
    What do they mean by "Pin", can you share a picture of that thing? Thanks.
    It is a lapel pin. These are my ISACA pins:
    2eex06v.jpg

I have never used them.
    kukku wrote: »
    submitted by CISM application
    Aug 6th -submitted
    Aug 6th - Got "experiencing a large backlog of inquiries" message
    Aug 11th - Got confirmation email
    October 8th - Still unreviewed

Will patiently wait for 1 more week. After than will call them..

After calling them last week, they have reviewed my application and it is approved. They told me that I will be certified in 1 week. This week again I called them and they told that it will take another week..totally disappointed...I have dropped by CRISC plan for this December.. icon_sad.gif
  • rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got a received application email on August 24th

My application is still unreviewed, its over 8 weeks at this point
    Guess they are overwhelmed. With the September results just announced, they should be receiving another flood of queries and applications. icon_redface.gif
  • rohit10rohit10 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just called, here is the timeline for me

June 17th - Passing email
    August 24th - Submitted application and fee
    August 27th - Email saying it has been received
    October 26th - Complete - Underreview Status

I have a feeling I am going to have to call again. The person on the phone stated that the application has been through the first review and a second one still needs to be complete and should take a week. I am thinking it wasn't even reviewed until I called and he changed the status.
    After calling them last week, they have reviewed my application and it is approved. They told me that I will be certified in 1 week. This week again I called them and they told that it will take another week..totally disappointed...I have dropped by CRISC plan for this December.. icon_sad.gif

Called them again today..they still not telling when they will send the email..they told "may be this week or next week"....After getting the approved status, for getting the certified status I am struggling....really strange..
    Really strange. I submitted 4 days earlier than you on 2nd Aug and was certified earlier this month.
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Really strange. I submitted 4 days earlier than you on 2nd Aug and was certified earlier this month.

The reason they told was they certify people in batches..they told a rough figure of 300..They are waiting to meet that number....If so then I think it would be done only with September passed associates....the mistake I did was, I patiently waited for 8 weeks to give them a call...I could have given them a call earlier...All because of this drama, I dropped my CRISC plan for this year..
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got certified this morning:

June 13, 2015
    CISM Exam Taken

July 17, 2015
    Received email stating I passed the exam

August 6, 2015
    CISM Application Submitted

August 11, 2015
    CISM Application Submission Acknowledgement

October 5, 2015
    CISM Application reviewed to be "incomplete"

October 12, 2015
    CISM Application corrected and resubmitted

October 14, 2015
    Called ISACA to check status of submission, they said they'd email me back

October 14, 2015
    Received email stating CISM application complete and will be sent to be reviewed

October 29, 2015
    Certified

Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
    The reason they told was they certify people in batches..they told a rough figure of 300..They are waiting to meet that number....If so then I think it would be done only with September passed associates....the mistake I did was, I patiently waited for 8 weeks to give them a call...I could have given them a call earlier...All because of this drama, I dropped my CRISC plan for this year..

Finally got certified..got the email today... :)
  • fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    I have a strip of ribbon in my cubicle that I stick all the lapel pins on. It's decorative, or something.
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
    Finally received the paper cert from across the Pacific. Guess it was lost at sea. I blame it on El Nino.

2th Aug (Sunday) : submit CISM application
    4th Aug : received confirmation of application
    25th Sep : Complete - Under Review
    5th Oct : Approved
    6th Oct : Confirmation email
    8th Oct : Badges email
    2nd Dec : Received CISM paper cert