Options

ISACA Experience Endorsement June 2015

Comments

• Options
    Leo_xLeo_x Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine has also changed to approved today. Applied in the last week of July.
  • Options
    hinchionhinchion Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine is now showing "approved" too.

Just one more sleep to go!
  • Options
    csiciliacsicilia Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hinchion wrote: »
    Mine is now showing "approved" too.

Just one more sleep to go!
    Congratulations, reading your yesterday's message about the conversation on the phone you looked as a good audit process candidate icon_wink.gif. I hope that "Approved" means that audit is not needed icon_twisted.gificon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    hinchionhinchion Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    csicilia wrote: »
    Congratulations, reading your yesterday's message about the conversation on the phone you looked as a good audit process candidate icon_wink.gif. I hope that "Approved" means that audit is not needed icon_twisted.gificon_thumright.gif

Thank you :) hahaha I hope so too.
  • Options
    TrueGeniusTrueGenius Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hinchion wrote: »
    It has been more than 8 weeks and so I attempted another call.

According to ISACA coordinator I spoke to, I should be certified by the end of the week "provided..." that I "don't get pulled for an audit". We both laughed awkwardly albeit in a false manner. Not knowing what else to say, I ended the call abruptly with "ok thanks bye." It's an expensive (but not rewarding) long distance call.

So, after 8 weeks of torture, I am now being put through another round of mental torture - the thought that I could potentially be "pulled for an audit". I'm not worried about providing additional evidence, I dread the whole process of waiting - possibly a couple more weeks.

I received an incomplete status. I called the certification number and was caught off-guard because someone directly answered. I was expecting a lengthy wait. Apparently, you cannot have HR approve work verification hours. I obtained and provided a revised form the following day. A couple of days later, the dreaded 'Complete-Under Audit'. Anyone knows how long this takes?

I just want to update my credentials!
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    osfp wrote: »
    jtoast, when did you submit your application? thanks

July 31st. 6 weeks to grade and 7 weeks to approve is, to me, unacceptable in todays world.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    TrueGenius wrote: »
    A couple of days later, the dreaded 'Complete-Under Audit'. Anyone knows how long this takes?

Don't know about ISACA but I was audited by ISC2 for my SSCP and it added just under 4 weeks to my approval.
  • Options
    eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TrueGenius wrote: »
    I received an incomplete status. I called the certification number and was caught off-guard because someone directly answered. I was expecting a lengthy wait. Apparently, you cannot have HR approve work verification hours. I obtained and provided a revised form the following day. A couple of days later, the dreaded 'Complete-Under Audit'. Anyone knows how long this takes?

I just want to update my credentials!

I think it will take another 2 weeks. A friend of mine was selected for audit and it took that long.
  • Options
    I just checked it and I am CISA certified!!!!! icon_cheers.gif

This is my timeline:
    13 June exam date
    17 July email - pass exam
    17 July 30 minutes later, application fee paid & application sent
    17 July received auto-reply email
    20 July received email “Thank you for your email. I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 8 weeks….”
    21 July received email “The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 3 weeks)…”
    12 August application status changed from "Unreviewed" to "Incomplete" without further information.
    13 August mail received with the details about the error that I made in my application V-1 pages.
    14 August corrected V-1 pages of application sent.
    18 August mail received in with the details about the error that I made in my application V-1 and A-1 pages.
    18 August corrected A-1 page of application sent.
    25 August application status changed from "Incomplete" to "Complete-Under Review"
    17 September application status changed from "Complete-Under Review" to "Approved"
    18 September CISA certified!!!
  • Options
    eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just got certified today at exactly 9am. Please check your email guys!
  • Options
    I just got certified today at exactly 9am. Please check your email guys!

Same here.
  • Options
    Although I was wondering about one thing. Shouldn't our certified through be through 2016? As that will be our first CPE reporting period.
  • Options
    You can report CPE towards 2016 since certification day. In fact in my case I am taking the RESILIA Practitioner (Cyber-resilience) today and should count as "Passing related professional examinations" for 5 CPE hours (2x exam time).
    For newly certified CISAs, the annual and three-year certification period begins on 1 January of the year succeeding certification.Reporting CPE hours attained during the year of certification is not required. However, hours attained between the date of certification and31 December of that year can be used and reported as hours earned in the initial reporting period.
  • Options
    Yes that is optional. My question is though, since our reporting period starts from 1 jan 2016, shouldn't we be reporting the CPE hours for 2016 by 15 January 2017?. In other words for renewing certification in 2016, we should only be paying the annual maintenance fee by 15th January 2016.
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FINALLY I am certified :D

13 June exam date
    28 July send application
    28 July received auto-reply email
    29 July paid the 50usd fee
    29 July received the confirmation email, waiting for accreditation (max 8 weeks) Estimating:21 september

Actual email, Certification: 18 September!!!
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sent the application and paid the fees on 9 August, Still unreviewed.
  • Options
    motorspreadmotorspread Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Over 8 weeks, but I am also still "Under Review".

This is my CISA timeline:
    13 June exam date
    22 July application sent and fee paid
    22 July received auto-reply email
    23 July received receipt email “This processing can take up to 8 weeks”
    24 August Complete - Under Review

Are there any problems with my application?
  • Options
    max9onmax9on Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guess what I got for my birthday? Exactly I just received the CISM confirmation email below on 9/24/15. icon_cheers.gif

Congratulations! ISACA’s CISM Certification Working Group is pleased to inform you that on 24 September 2015 you have been granted certification as a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).

I wish you all the best. It was a great journey and not the last.
  • Options
    Has any of the first batch of July 2015 CISM certified already received the paper diploma?. While I am on the next batch of CISAs I am needing it for an exemption and the OpenBadge it is not being recognized, I would like to have an idea of the actual time to receive it.

Thank you!
  • Options
    tartarus80tartarus80 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    13 Jun - CISM Exam
    17 Jul - Pass
    01 Aug - Application submitted & paid
    04 Aug - Received confirmation “This processing can take up to 8 weeks”
    Application Status: Unreviewed (STILL)
  • Options
    osfposfp Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The previous year were really fast. I got certified in less than 3 weeks. Now it has been almost 2 months since my application sent and still the status is unreviewed.
  • Options
    Over 8 weeks, but I am also still "Under Review".

This is my CISA timeline:
    13 June exam date

Are there any problems with my application?

Probably your application was selected for an audit, not sure though. Best is to call the ISACA certification coordinator and confirm.
  • Options
    tartarus80 wrote: »
    13 Jun - CISM Exam
    17 Jul - Pass
    01 Aug - Application submitted & paid
    04 Aug - Received confirmation “This processing can take up to 8 weeks”
    Application Status: Unreviewed (STILL)

Well, my status just changed from Unreviewed to Incomplete with no further information. I just called and left a message to 847-660-5660 and also sent them an email. I reviewed my application again, I can't find any issues with it. I am assuming I am about to get audited. Well, looks like 4 more weeks of wait time.
  • Options
    TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Drop an email they will check... Mine got typo error.. They have clarify now waiting this week...foe email to be certified
  • Options
    saadkapadiasaadkapadia Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My status is appearing as Complete - Pending Audit...........does it mean that my application has been selected for Audit? How long it will take now for granting certification?
  • Options
    motorspreadmotorspread Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Leo_x wrote: »
    Probably your application was selected for an audit, not sure though. Best is to call the ISACA certification coordinator and confirm.

Thank you Leo_x for your advice.
    I am CISA certified just now.

My CISA timeline:
    13 June exam date
    1 October received CISA Certification Notification (Certified)
    1 October received Open Badge Invitation

I guess ISACA certification board is not just once a month.
    Thanks guys and ISACA.
  • Options
    Well, I just got approved and certified same day this morning. It's a good feeling since it was such a long road to get through the test result and endorsement processes, almost 5 months.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Just got my mail today too.

2th Aug (Sunday) : submit CISM application
    4th Aug : received confirmation of application
    25th Sep : Complete - Under Review
    5th Oct : Approved
    6th Oct : Confirmation email
    8th Oct : Badges email
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did anyone get a rejection letter for lack of experience?
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For CISA?

As per How to Become CISA Certified, you need 5 years related experience and have up to 5 years after passing to apply for CISA. You can get up to 3 years waiver. Seems that certain bachelor's degree can be used for 2 years waiver.Need a master's degree in IT or infosec for 1 year waiver.Check the site for details.

CISM application requirements are slightly simpler. Out of the 5 years experience required, 2 years can be waived via CISA, CISSP or post grad degree in infosec or biz admin.