Options

Advice on the New GPPA, what was GCFW

k3cazk3caz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi to all.

My employer has kindly allowed me to do the SANS 502 On-demand training, they wouldn't spring to the course in Singapore in October icon_sad.gif

I have already passed my 503 GCIA and numerous Sourcefire/Now Cisco exams. I am after any advice if possible, I constructed an index for all the previous exams, and included basic header information and switches for the likes of Nmap, scapy and Snort.

I have attached a screen shot of my 503 index, is this the type of way I should be going, its a long time since I have done a SANS exam, the most recent have been closed book.

Any help and guidance is appreciated

Keith

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I took the GCFW exam before I did the GCIA and the the former felt slightly easier for me. How your index is formatted is highly dependent on how you as a examinee structure your test-taking approach.

In my case, I index in the most simplified form as possible (to reduce the number of pages I have to flip through). If I already know a topic well enough, I don't bother putting a reference in my index. Otherwise I may have a one-liner summary for a given section and a course book #/page reference for a quick look-up in the course material if I needed (which I happen to do quite frequently to confirm an answer, although in reality this ends up being a time-waster in many cases as my original answer tends to be correct).
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    mike_robinmike_robin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear docrice,

Thanks for the info ... icon_smile.gif

mike
  • Options
    Dear keith,

Thanks for raising index question as i was little confuse too, I am also preparing for GPPA.

Thank you
    mike
  • Options
    k3cazk3caz Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike

Hows the prepping going, just start constructing my Index after finishing the on demand training
  • Options
    Dear keith,

thanks for the reply.
    my index list is fine just following your guideline, how about yours ? ... :)
    you can reach me on skyp ( mike-reb )

regards
    mike