Options

Passed GCIH

E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
Took SEC504 in May followed by daily studying from June until this morning. My index was 10 pages (front/back) with 3 sections (terms, tools, commands) that included book/page numbers and a description. I also made an outline of the major areas covered.

I didn't think I was going to pass. Within the first 10 questions I had skipped the max of 5 and by the 2 hour mark I hadn't completed half of the questions. Time management is not my friend during an open book exam because I wanted to be 100% sure of each answer. I never fell below 75% at each checkpoint (my highest was 80%). Towards the end I sped things up by just going with my gut instead of going to the books. I finished with 9 minutes remaining on the clock. I'm just glad that is over.

I didn't finish the practice exams because of time and never got over 70% at each checkpoint.
Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Are you going to go for another SANS course?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys!

I'm interested in GCIA and GPEN, but my boss says no more SANS for me this year.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS