Options

Just passed my GSEC certification

TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
Got a 87%, I damn near had a heart attack at the 15 question mark and it my score was only 71%, I was so sure I answered them all correctly. I found the test harder in the beginning, there were still a few questions on the test I didn't have in my index, I thought my 40 page index was pretty complete. One of the questions didn't seem to have a correct answer to me, I remembered the question number and commented about it at the end of the test. Has anymore ordered the frame with the certificate? Is it worth the bother? Don't tell me it's "free" when I know it doesn't cost $25 bucks to ship a picture frame 4th class mail. (6 to 8 weeks) I'd rather them tell me the truth, the frame cost $25 including shipping, who they kidding?

Now I can work on my CCNA, I took the course already, but my employer make a new requirement passing a security certification and it got pushed to the side.
Still searching for the corner in a round room.

Comments

• Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

BTW, did your employer pay? Did you take a training course or self-study?

Good luck on the CCNA.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I found the opposite when was true when I was going through the exam I had 100% at the 45 question mark then felt like I started receiving questions from the trivia pool icon_lol.gif

I decided why not and ordered the cert with the wood framing. Not mine but it looks like this: https://twitter.com/CodeAndSec/status/614140594789744641
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! The frame definitely looks good. People who walk my by cube see mine and think I'm important and stuff icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gncsmith wrote: »
    BTW, did your employer pay? Did you take a training course or self-study?

My employer paid, they dropped 10k on training for me this year alone. After I deal with the CCNA, I have Checkpoint Security Administration certification to take next. I already had the training and have the books.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The frame was originally free before 2013. They started to charge for this since 2013 and I found it is pretty ridiculous. Since I already had certifications with frame pre 2013, I decided to bite the cost as I don't want my newer certifications look out of place. The newer frame looks good, but the older frames can be reused; especially if you renew your cert, as you don't have to order the new frame again since you can reused the old one. Newer frame is "drill in" and is difficult to remove the certification paper if you want to brought it along for interview.