Options

how to the GCIH practice exams measure up to the real one?

nickg87nickg87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am taking my GCIH exam in 10 days or so so today i decided to attempt one of the practice exams you get when you buy the certification attempt. I scored 78% and could have easily got higher( i did the exam on purpose without using any notes/books etc ) . Does anyone know how the official test compares to the practice ones in terms of difficulty etc ?

Comments

• Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pretty much the same in my experience going through nine GIAC exams so far. The only differences are the questions you get aren't the same as what's on the practice exam and you don't get feedback on the wrong answers (with an explanation on the right answer).
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you can pass the practice exam, you should be able to pass the real exam.

I had wrote additional information about challenging the GIAC exam. You can read it up here.

Challenge the GIAC Exam ~ Welcome to Gravity Sec!
  • Options
    wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The practice and actual exam are very similar. On my two practice exams I got a 72 and 78 respectively. I did not use my books or index for the practice. On the actual exam that I took today I got a 86%. I could have done better but stopped using the index after question 90 since I had a 94% at that point in time. Yeah, should have kept using the index, I know.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. My exam is on Tuesday so will let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    Passed by exam this morning with 87% , happy days. now on to the GCIA.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I'm studying for the GCIA now so if you have any questions let me know.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I just passed GCIH in August and found the practice exams to be very helpful. They made me make some adjustments to my index. I'm interested in doing GCIA next also.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS