Options

GSEC: Passed (11.5.2015)

RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi y'all,

I successfully passed the GSEC yesterday morning. Woo! I wanted to take a moment to shout out a few individuals who took the time to provide some general guidance/tips over the past few weeks: JoJoCalCal19 and cybergypr!

I passed with a 92% and took a total of 3 hours. I tried something a bit different for my index: I never used Excel, instead, I created a table of contents in Word. Such as:

For each of the blue titles (corresponding to course modules), I had a tab in the respective books. For me personally, making a lengthy Excel sheet with terms/concepts/descriptions seemed a bit overkill, and frankly, redundant. As long as I had a method for quickly finding the relevant information, I felt like I was good to go (though, I do see the value of building an index-- I understand that helps reinforce the learning outcomes).

I'm set to sit the GCIA next month-- I'm a bit nervous and excited!
What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass. I was just talking to someone who did this exact same thing. Respect to both of you. This would drive me crazy.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Nice score too
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass Robicus and great score!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    URG_PSH_FINURG_PSH_FIN Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go Robicus! A great start to your program!
    MS in Information Assurance - Regis University

2018 Goals - [ ] GSE Lab [ ] OSCP Enrollment
    Late 2018-Early 2019 Goals: [ ] RHCSA [ ] RHCE