Options

GCIA - Passed!

kiamkiam Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
Passed my GCIA recently!
Was really encouraging to learn from everyone's experiences.
Picking up exam tips from you guys sure helped me with my score: above 90%.
Feel free to ask me anything!

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!

How much experience did you have with the tools prior to the SANS training? What's next for you?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. GCIA is on my short list to do. Hopefully I get selected for it for the workstudy program. Did you already have experience with IDS/IPs and other tools covered in the course?
  • Options
    E Double U wrote: »
    Congratulations!

How much experience did you have with the tools prior to the SANS training? What's next for you?

My workplace uses Snort, so I had familiarity with viewing different kinds of alerts,
    all the different rule headers and rule options and figuring out what made them trigger.
    I was also able to be more familiar with the directory and file structure that Snort uses.
  • Options
    wolf9081 wrote: »
    Congrats. GCIA is on my short list to do. Hopefully I get selected for it for the workstudy program. Did you already have experience with IDS/IPs and other tools covered in the course?

My workplace uses Snort, but not much of the other tools that were covered in the course.
    But the course content was really useful and taught me how the other tools might be used in analysis.
  • Options
    E Double U wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Probably the GCIH will be next!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats, that is a monster of a class and exam. Nice job on the score!
  • Options
    RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow-- that is a stellar score. Congratulations!
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats...great score!
  • Options
    madhumathi91madhumathi91 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! goin to write GCIA exam next month..Can u have any advice to me for that exam?