Options

SEC504 Course and Exam (Passed)

2»

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Personally I do not mind sharing my index with anyone, but strongly recommend everyone build there own index.

A. It's a great way for force yourself to study all the material.
    B. The exams are consistently being updated, Where the answer for a question my index is on Book 4, Page 78, it could be on Book 4, page 85 in your books.
    C. I used tabs for my index, Although I do reference page number on some of the comments, I primary use tab numbers instead of page numbers. I find it easier to flip to tab 17 than flip though pages trying to find page 78 quickly.

Walking in the exam center with only using someone else's index it pretty much a guaranteed fail.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really don't think you guys understand the indexes are important but you need the books as well. There is no easy way of doing this other than going through the material on your own and making an index as you go.
    It is the best way to index. Everyone thinks differently and everyone's indexes are different.
    Stop being lazy and to quote En Vogue...'Free your mind and the rest will follow'.
  • Options
    HickmonmHickmonm Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone give me the list of materials that is used in the 504 (GCIH) course
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hickmonm wrote: »

SMH.... icon_rolleyes.gif

If you want the books, you will need to buy the course from SANS. The documentation that the student receives is for that student. He / She ... and you will break the EULA if you use someone else's material. Boy, I'm glad this is not solely an Ethical course.
  • Options
    sb97sb97 Member Posts: 109
    Hickmonm wrote: »
    The source materials are the books they hand out in the beginning of class. This thread has some references for other recommended material:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/sans-institute-giac-certifications/68043-post-your-sans-giac-study-material-recommendations-here.html
    I don't know how up to date those references are though.
This discussion has been closed.