SANS FOR508 Next!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Today my bosses boss came up to me and said they were contacted that another agency was receiving SANS training and they had some open spots if we were interested. I took a look and seems it was for FOR508! Looks like we lucked out and were given the spots. Hopefully have my GMON passed before hand and then on to the next one!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I think you should decline and let me fill in for you icon_smile.gif
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nice! congratz!!
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Today my bosses boss came up to me and said they were contacted that another agency was receiving SANS training and they had some open spots if we were interested. I took a look and seems it was for FOR508! Looks like we lucked out and were given the spots. Hopefully have my GMON passed before hand and then on to the next one!

I'm wrapping up FOR508 right now - this course changed the way I respond to security-related incidents. Congrats!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    icon_cheers.gif That's awesome news congrats man!! You have a good job don't change now hehe
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks all! Definitely looking forward to it and shows we've made a reputation for ourselves since the other agency contacted us.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I started the on-demand class for FOR508 on 6/21 and just got through the first round of reading the books...my head is still spinning. I made the index as I read and its about 1100 items. Did you take the GCFA? If so any thoughts or tips you can share? Did you read the Incident Response book that came with the course? If so was it helpful? My intention is to go through the books and the labs three times and then do the intrusion challenge. After that I'll take the first practice exam, work on my problem areas for a week or so and then take the second exam. I would like to take the exam by the end of August.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was not able to attend the course due to man power constraints.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff