Options

Passed the MALC and became an ITIL EXPERT :)

ruba_shafieruba_shafie Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
phewwww. I've been thinking of doing this course since December and I thought it will take me around 6 months to study. from everything I read here and elsewhere on the internet I thought I was going to be the hardest. but NOT AT ALL!
I found it to be the easiest of all. having only one case study to think about was very helpful not having to change your mindset with every question.
I happened to have a planned trip with lots of waiting time and long flights only 3 weeks ago, so I thought i'll use it for a quick round 1 over view of the material. it turned out very logical and easy to digest as I moved forward. I took an online course with which came a soft copy of printed material. I did around 1 module a day or sometimes 2. by the time I reached the end of the course -8th module - I felt very comfortable reading the study notes and trying to figure out areas of attention. a great tool that I found online was case study MINDMAP. I revised the case study and the mind map several times. each time trying to find the challenges/risks/processes..etc on my own before checking the mindmap.
I then tried the sample papers and passed both of them
the exam itself is very similar to the sample papers and to the intermediate exams, you need to carefully look into the question and find ALL the problems stated, the right answer is always the one that answers all problems in the questions, even if some answers may look tempting because they do extra steps in other areas. Try always to figure out what might help solve the problems before reading the answers... for example, if in the question it is mentioned that we have an issue with reporting, try to find out whether it is clear if there is measurement and we only lack communication or the other way around and try to think of whih process needs to be enhanced.
also one important thing is try not to jump into conclusions if it is not mentioned in the question, going back to the example I mentioned before, try not to jump to the conclusion that there is a good/bad measurement or data collection policy in place if it is not clear in the question.
like everyone else said, try to think holistically of the whole service and try to revise inputs and outputs and interactions between lifecycle stages and the most important processes.
I am glad the exam is much easier that I thought it would be and took me only 3 weeks to prepare and sit for it while being on another training for work and one week off with the family!
please let me know if you need any help.

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm so pleased for you Ruba, congratulations! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Cerebro 2.0Cerebro 2.0 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :) can i ask what resources you used?
    ITIL SO [In progress]
    Prince 2 Foundation [In progress]
  • Options
    AdrianITAdrianIT Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great stuff! congrats. So you're an IT SM expert now i take it?:D
    \\2015: [x]ITIL [x]Become a dad [x]Move out my parents house! :)
    \\2016: [ ]70-410 [ ]70-411 [ ]70-412 [ ]Sec+ [ ]CISSP
  • Options
    thanks! sorry for not replying earlier. I was celebrating. haha
  • Options
    I trained online with ITSMSolutions. it was a very good resource
  • Options