Options

GPEN practice exam??

c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone here have an extra GPEN practice exam? I did the on-demand course and did not do as well as I would have liked over the past couple weeks on my practice exams, 62% and 70%. Of the other GIAC exams I have taken (ISO 2700, CGED, GCIH) this is definately one I want to ensure I have a solid 80% on a practice exam prior to challenging the cert. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't, but as a side note how would you compare your CEH to the SANS GPEN SEC560 Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking course? CEH even in the same ballpark? Recommend people start with CEH for a foundation then move onto SEC560, or just skip the CEH and lay into the GPEN?
  • Options
    c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend having some exposure to the topics covered in the SEC560/GPEN course prior to taking it. The CEH doesn't come close in my opinion to preparing you for SEC560. I took version 7 of the CEH online and it was an eye opener taking SANS courses live a couple years later. I would recommend cybrary courses https://www.cybrary.it/ and Welcome to look at what your strong and weak points are in info sec. If you feel you have a solid grasp of advanced security topics and tools, you could go straight to SEC560. One thing to consider is if you're paying for the courses out of pocket or having your employer pay. If your employer is paying, I'd try to get them to pay for whatever you can get your hands on.