Options

Passed ITIL Foundations 4/7/16

ThrolsThrols Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
First time poster, long time lurker.

It had been almost 8 years since I had last taken a certification exam. I wanted to get back in the game since the contract I work on ends this year. After some research and asking my program manager for career advice I choose ITIL Foundations.

I knew nothing about ITIL when I started this processes. I used the Gallacher and Morris book as my only study source. The book has everything you need to pass the exam. I tried the CBT Nuggets series but I could not get into it after reading the book.

My total study time was around 40 to 50 hours. This includes taking the two practice tests in the back of the book and one I found online. These tests were an accurate representation of the actual test. If you can score in the 80's on them you are ready for the real thing.

The test is not hard but you do need to know the key terms discussed in chapter 1 of the book. You also need to have a broad understanding of the lifecycle and processes within each lifecycle. Looking back I probably over studied for the exam but I really wanted to pass. I was afraid a fail would have broken my will to attempt harder certifications in the future.

Comments

• Options
    FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Just look forward to taking the next certification on your list. I plan to take the ITIL exam before the end of the year.
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    congrats, definitely over studied, I only really began studying two days before the exam.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Congratulations. Glad the book was helpful. It does contain more than the bare minimum required to pass the exam, but we wanted to ensure readers had a good understanding of the concepts, to be a foundation to studying at the next level if they wished to.
  • Options
    ccvp45ccvp45 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation! I am preparing for it myself. Plan to sit for this month (May 2016).
  • Options
    ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congrates !! Best of luck try one more certification.