GPEN Practice Questions

valbizuresjr81valbizuresjr81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I took a look at
. Does anyone have any experience w/ sites that have legit study material / questions. I still have two practice exams which I will be taking in the next couple of days, but time is counting down and I want to make sure I am well prepared before I take this test. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Because of the GCIA code of ethics I have removed the name of the site as to not promote it's use.

Comments

• quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A guy I used to work with tried going this route. He purchased "study materials" from a site and they were extremely outdated. When he called them on it they said they needed 4 weeks or so to look into it. Then they told him that they didn't have anything else so he could pick a different exam. The material for the other test had a lot of incorrect info.
  • valbizuresjr81valbizuresjr81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's what I'm seeing. The information is def. wrong. If the information is anything like the test I need a lot more studying to do. My test isnt until May 12th, but May 1st through 6th I'll be at SANS Security West taking 542 :/ They kinda all came together icon_sad.gif
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Lab it up man. Why spend $5k on training with some of the best security people on the planet if you aren't going to really put the time into learning it? Spend your after hours as SecWest studying for the GPEN
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I gotta ask before I judge. OP, do you know those questions are ****?
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was thing of going for this cert as well but I don't have the money.

Can I just buy the practice questions from SANS and if I have a question or don't understand something, lab it, crack a book or ask the all knowing Google?

Regards
    If by **** you mean "incorrect", then yes. I have verified that they are wrong. I have to course material so I can look them up and most are just simply incorrect.
    I def. will be asking questions at SANS Security West. I took my first practice exam without looking up any answers and scored a 63%. I did this mostly so I could see the types of questions asked. I think I'll be okay passing once I get my index solidified.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If by **** you mean "incorrect", then yes. I have verified that they are wrong. I have to course material so I can look them up and most are just simply incorrect.

**** as in illegal copies of actual GIAC exam questions and are against the Code of Ethics. GIAC Code of Ethics

If you get caught you can lose all of your GIAC certifications and be banned from attending any future SANS events. You better hope no one Googles your username to get your real name and possibly reports you for the ethics violation that you just admitted to...
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
    Thanks for letting me know iBrokeIT.

I was not aware that this site provided "****" and have discontinued to use any information provided. I formally requested a refund from this company and contact my credit card company to stop any payment to this entity.

As for the respect for this certification. I've never shared, disseminated or distributed any information regarding questions which may or may not appear on any certification exam.

Knowing what I know now I would not promote or affiliate myself with this or any entity which may be violating GIAC's Code of Ethics.

I've taken 4 SANS courses and have made very good friends with both peers and instructors. The last thing I would want is to violate any rules.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was not aware that this site provided "****"....

I'm a bit skeptical of that claim given that "****"/"braindump" is mentioned all over their site and Google search results. Regardless, I'm glad to hear that you are turning the page and making a solid effort to be legit.

The SANS coursework is copyrighted and the GIAC certifications are created directly from that coursework. The processes, concepts and techniques used in the coursework aren't proprietary so you could scavenge that information from the internet but as far as I'm aware no one else is licensed to produce and market GIAC/SANS coursework or test prep material.

Stick to your legally purchased SANS textbooks and practice exams.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • _nessie__nessie_ Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bigdogz wrote: »
    I was thing of going for this cert as well but I don't have the money.

Can I just buy the practice questions from SANS and if I have a question or don't understand something, lab it, crack a book or ask the all knowing Google?

Regards
    You can always challenge a certification exam if I'm not mistaken. Will cost you less than the course, but still includes two practice exams and the cert attempt.
    https://www.giac.org/exams/faq