Options

Passed ITIL v3 Foundation 2nd try.

austindp91austindp91 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here was my experience with ITIL foundations.

Before I took the exam the first time:
I read this form about what it took to pass and what others had done to pass. I also read that there was a 95% completion rate with a 65% min requirement to pass. I maybe spent 10-12 hours studying for this exam, 7 of which was watching videos from lynda.com, which did not cover a few areas. This was in a one week period when I was unemployed. Did not think I would need the book and just found some free online material and the hope that 4 years worth of IT experience would help me to pass. I also took some practice tests from a free site as well.

First exam score: 45%

Decided to get the book ITIL fondation Exam study guide book by Liz and Helen. This helped so much and is a great source of info. I read the first two chapters front to back while also taking the chapter reviews. I realized some of the question from the exam were verbatim to the question in the chapter review of the book I got. I decided to go over all the exam questions in the book from each chapter and at the end of the book with the two practice exams. The videos from lynda.com covered the main topics and the chapter reviews filled in the rest. I spent about two weeks on and off for about 15-20 hours memorizing the chapter exam question (~120 question), the two practice exams at the end of the book (~80 questions) and memorizing the subsections of each life cycle.

2nd exam score: 85%

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats. I passed with a 65%. I had the Knowledge Academy. I wasn't impressed with the practice exams. Nothing like the real deal.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nicely done congrats